• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bagged fish

Harleyrider5

Members
I always get parranoid about leaving fish in a bag for a length of time. (For me thats means 4-5 hours) What is your thoughts about how long a fish can be in a bag with out dying?

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zackcrack00

Members
Think about fish getting shipped. I once had guppy fry that the customer neglected to pick up at the post office for one whole WEEK. They were in small bags with air, not oxygen. All are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
Size of the fish does make a big difference in bagging duration. 2 or 3 days should be no big deal for most juvies. Adults can be more difficult - but still many of them are shipped across the country.

Harleyrider5

Members
Ive never dealt with fish being shipped so I dont know how it works. With the amount of money we spend on fish I just get paranoid losing them in the beginning.

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tangcollector

Staff member
I have had no problem with someone shipping me fish. I have never shipped fish. As long as the shipper is responsiible and leaves enough air and water and takes temperature into consideration (don't ship when it is too hot or cold and use heat packs when required). Also a good shipper will purge the fish and not feed them for a day or two prior to shipping. Then you should really have no problem.