• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Had to take a pic......for the fish's sake

olzkool

Members
Ok so I have had this Ivoryhead Mloto for a while now. He is the biggest fish in my all male hap/peacock tank but never colored up. Truth is he was flat out ugly. Really nice, long, fins, but ugly. Drab grey with black spots, lighter grey on his forehead with spots of yellow. I got him from Chris who warned me he has never colored up and maybe never will. I have heard this about these guys in all male tanks but I figured I would give him a shot. He never did. Just last week I told the wife "he's got to go. He's never going to color up, he's ugly, and he's making my tank look bad" "Patience", she told me, "he will". I decided to give him another couple weeks, but ultimately he was going to get evicted. The next day during normal feeding I noticed he was getting darker and showing a little white on his head. The next day even darker and starting to show a nice white blaze on his dorsal. In a weird fish whisperer type of way I thought he must have heard me and darn if he isn't going to prove her right. She is always right by the way. I did a water change last night and I think his transformation is near complete. I snapped a quick crappy iPhone pic. It doesn't do him justice. He is black, really black, but the phone lightens him up a bit. His forehead is snow white, along with the blaze, and has some hints of blue here and there. Just extraordinary. He saved himself from eviction and gave my wife an I told you so all at the same time. I'll take it though cause he is awesome now.

2z6bbs8.jpg