• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Biotodoma cupidos arriving tomorrow

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Getting eight 2 1/2- 3" sub-adults for a heavily planted 75 community, to go with CW016 Corys, C. similis, Columbian Tetras (**** but they are fine looking fish), a few small yellow ancistrus and banded plecos, and a couple Keyhole Cichlids. Sort of exciting. Anybody keeping these or have experience?

Spine

Members
I'll be getting some tomorrow as well. I already have a pair that I got a couple months ago and I'll be adding ones that we caught in Peru last week. Mine eat just about anything I put in the tank. I've noticed that they are'nt very aggressive eaters so I usually target feed them to make sure they get their share of food.

longstocking

Members
How exciting Sam! I'm sure you are decorating and redecorating your tank tonight :lol:

As you know I'm not much of a new world keeper but can share in the excitement :)

Do you have a camera? If so, please share pics once they are settled.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Kevin, that's a truly spectacular fish you have in your avatar sig. What is it?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Hey there Sarah. You going to tell me what those African species are we were ogling at Julie's?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Sarah - Just saw your pictures in the marketplace post and recognized the Enantiopus right away. Sweet. I'm going to do a bit of reading and perhaps become a customer rather than just a general pain.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Would it be correct to assume that Red Head Tapajos are as ravenous as other Geophagus? Its really the only thing prevents me from having some other than not having a large spare tank for them (yet). But then none I've ever seen looked nearly as good as the one in your pic (though I did see some adult juriparis once that looked like they ran on electricity).

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I'll be getting some tomorrow as well. I already have a pair that I got a couple months ago and I'll be adding ones that we caught in Peru last week. Mine eat just about anything I put in the tank. I've noticed that they are'nt very aggressive eaters so I usually target feed them to make sure they get their share of food.

Seven arrived, one almost but not quite emaciated looking, but all otherwise fit and ravenous (hunger gooooood). Don't know that they're feeding quite qualifies as "aggressive" in that they don't attack anyone or each other, but these seem to have been selected for eating all they can as fast as they can when they can. Not so timid as I expected, had read that they were inclined to be shy. Apparently spry enough for a couple of them to do the "lets lock mouths and wrestle a bit" thing that my Bolivian Rams do when they're feeling their oats.

How'd you make out with yours and did you get them from Snook of Aquabid in Florida as well? Next time I buy something on AqB that requires express mail I'm posting to see if I can find some co-buyers to share shipping.