• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aca Elections Are Coming Up.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The elections for Board of Trusties positions for the ACA will be coming up soon.
Below is a list of people that are running. I copied it off the ACA forum where Fishfarm had posted it.
Your ballot will be in the next copy of the BB.... That is if your belong to the ACA.
You should see at least one name that you know from our meetings. There are 8 people running for 5 openings.

1. Scott Arney- I am a life member of the ACA and have been keeping fish since the late 1960’s getting my first African Cichlids in 1971. I have previous served the ACA on the Board of Trustees for two terms helping to bring the ACA out of a difficult period and would again like to serve the members of the ACA. I am also a member of The Raleigh Aquarium Society, Charlotte Area Aquarist Society and the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association. I currently maintain dwarf species of cichlids and livebearers with an emphasis on endangered species. Working with the ACA and Cichlid conservation is something that I would like to see increased even more over what we currently doing to protect our Cichlids for the future.

2. Ron Coleman is a hobbyist and a scientist interested in cichlids. In addition to studying parental care in cichlids in his laboratory at California State University, Sacramento, Ron travels to the New World tropics as often as he can to study cichlids in the wild, particularly Costa Rica. Ron has authored many articles in magazines and is currently the editor of Cichlid News magazine. He maintains the Cichlid Research Home Page http://cichlidresearch.com

3. Mo Devlin has been a cichlid lover for more than 35 years. He is the owner of Aquamojo.Com as well as an administrator of the ACA’s forum, mentor and moderator of several other internet aquarium sites. He has served as Publicity chairman for the ACA for four years.
Mo’s passion for the hobby is only matched by his love of photography. His “Today in the Fishroom†series has illustrated the beauty of cichlid fishes to like enthusiasts on the internet. His continued focus is to raise and distribute hard to find as well as endangered CA/SA cichlids back into the hobby. To date he has bred and distributed Minckleyi, Lyonsi, and other fish acquired during yearly collection trips.

4. Bob Grauer :I have been involved with fishkeeping for over 30 years, having gone the complete gambit, a hobbyist with a single tank, a basement breeder, then on to being a importer/exporter/wholesaler and now back to being a basement breeder and avid hobbyist. Currently, I maintain 63 tanks in my fishroom with a heavy emphasis on African Cichlids. I am a member of our local club, Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association, having served as President numerous times over the past 30 years, Colorado Aquarium Society and the ACA.
With my strong people skills my knowledge and expertise, I feel that I am up for the challenge of continuing the forward progress that the ACA has had in recent years.

5. Andrew Hebert is an aquatic hobbyist who is always getting involved. He’s held a term as the webmaster and newsletter editor for the Jersey Shore Aquarium Society and when he moved to Atlanta he kicked off a new BAP program, became the Vice President of the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association and is now the editor of the AAAA’s Fish Talk newsletter.
Andrew’s involvement in the hobby started when he was in the fourth grade and attended a class titled, “Keeping Tropical Fish.†In the last decade he succumbed to MTS, Multiple-Tank-Syndrome, and now maintains a large fish room in his home where he keeps African Cichlids and endangered species.
When asked why he had an interest in a position on the ACA Board, Andrew replied, “The ACA has always embodied the best that the hobby has to offer. I would appreciate the opportunity to lend my support in continuing the ACA’s conservation focus and outreach to aquarium societies and hobbyistsâ€

6. Bob Randall. Thanks to those voting for me two years ago and thanks to those voting. It has been a pleasure to serve on BOT. During last two years, I supported changes within ACA including terminating a printed TP and establishing an online TP. This action helped buyers/sellers and benefited ACA financially. BOT is now moving to formalize Jordan and Loiselle Endowment Funds as well as devise a method to stabilize amounts available for grants. I would like to continue to see these projects to termination and ask for your vote again.

7. Mark Whitney has been a member of ACA for over 27 years. My first convention was in Milwaukee back in the 80's? I am presently the secretary of the ACA BOT (2nd year). I have been a board member for 5 years. I served as the Convention Chair for the ACA Convention in Denver in 2004. I have been a member of our local club- the Rocky Mountain Cichlid Association for a number of years. I am also a member of the C.A.R.E.S committee. My goals as a BOT member are; continue to promote our organization to the youth , find ways to increase our return on our investments espeically for PLF & GJF and to continue promoting the C.A.R.E.S Preservation Program.

8. Cindy Williams has worked with African cichlids for many years in order to learn more about their care, breeding, and the raising of fry. She is an active participant in the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association and is owner of Tropical Resources, web forum for TFH Magazine, working with David Boruchowitz for the past three years.
Cindy uses her career training in Public Relations in her unwavering dedication
To the ACA by hosting membership campaigns, ACA All-Stars interviews, and has lented Tropical Resources as a platform to expose a wider audience to the benefits of the ACA organization, and worked closely with TFH Magazine as a convention liaison and Program coordinator to develop the 2007 convention program and tri-fold.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Several of the people that are running for the ACA Board, have been discussing where they stand on issues on the ACA forum. It is in the members only section.
ACA link