• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Green Phantom Pleco

rich_one

Members
Picked up a green phantom pleco from Josh at the meeting, and I just want to say that it is fantastic. My favorite pleco so far. Thanks, Batfish Aquatics!

-Rich

neut

Members
Congrats!

A nice pleco to keep ime-- beautiful color on some specimens; fairly good algae eater; if the're comfortable in the tank they'll come out and not hide all the time; good temperament, ime you can keep more than one in a tank or keep them with smaller plecos without aggression (I've kept them with L204 and L260).

JLW

CCA Members
They're an awesome fish, but I would disagree with "Neut" on keeping more than one in a tank. Males can be pretty rough on each other. If the tank has lots of territory and space, sure -- but I put 2 of them in a tank at a show, and one beat the snot out of the other in a single night. :-/ Fortunately, plecos are tough.

neut

Members
They're an awesome fish, but I would disagree with "Neut" on keeping more than one in a tank. Males can be pretty rough on each other. If the tank has lots of territory and space, sure -- but I put 2 of them in a tank at a show, and one beat the snot out of the other in a single night. :-/ Fortunately, plecos are tough.
Tank size and/or aquascape sometimes makes all the difference. Or sometimes it's just temperament of the individual fish. In any case, just my experience with them.

rich_one

Members
He's in with two bristlenose plecos, two clown loaches and a few assorted New World cichlids. So far, so good!

-Rich

rich_one

Members
LOL... I've been trying to get a shot of him since yesterday. Not easy to get that guy. But I'll get him.

-Rich