• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Blackworms and fish FS!!

fish608

Members
Available for pickup in Leesburg VA or at the June PVAS meeting, probably won't make the CCA meeting.
BLACKWORMS ARE PREORDER AND WON'T BE AVAILABLE UNTIL WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY BEFORE THE PVAS MEETING.

Blackworms:
¼ pound $6.00
½ pound $11.00
1 pound $21

Fish:
Some prices are negotiable and I'm always open for trades

Metriaclima hajomaylandi, these hold recessive albino gene, prolific, uncommon ,cool looking fish
1/2" juvies-$2ea
1"+ juvies- $3ea

Astatotilapia spec. "44", very stunning CARES species
1/2"-1" unsexed- $4ea, 6 or more for $3ea
1"+ young males- $6ea showing good color

F1 Pseudotropheus spec "Elongatus Chewere", not the inbred faded individuals you usually see, look saltwater! Also not as aggressive as everyone claims
3/4"-1" juvies- $5ea
1 1/2"- 2" young males- $10ea
1 1/2"- 2" young females-$8ea

Pseudotropheus elegans, one of the few solid purple cichlids, very peaceful for an mbuna does best when kept in a group with peaceful haps and peacocks
3/4"-1"+ juvies- $2ea

Platytaeniodus spec. "Red Tail Sheller", EXTREMELY rare Victorian, very peaceful males rarely if ever chase females or other fish
1/2" juveniles- $4ea growing fast

Ameca splendens, CARES fish, males get spectacular and if I'm not mistaken they will eat duckweed!
3/4"- 1" juvies- $2ea
1 1/4" young pair- $3

Albino axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum), currently as of May 25 they're 2 weeks old 1"+ with front legs and starting to grow back legs, they're off live food and eating frozen blood worms. They're growing very quickly and should be ready to go by the meeting, BUT no guarantees. Just let me know if you're interested and I'll bring it if they're ready. I'm asking $15ea since they should be around 2"+ by then. Much cheaper then you'll ever see in a store, that is if you ever see them in a store.*

Keep an eye on the list, more may be added! Email me any questions!

*~Chris Stith

fish608

Members
Never had an oxolotl..I want one but no nothing..what would I need to have one?..

I'd suggest a tank of at least ten gallons for one, add 10gal more per animal. The tank can be decorated however as long as they have hiding places and some open space but DO NOT use substrate, they may swallow it and have trouble passing it.
A simple spongefilter would work as they do not like much water movement. And they like to stay below 72f, anything over will stress them and they may get sick after long periods. Weekly water changes being crucial to optimal health. And they should be fed meaty foods every OTHER day, I use frozen bloodworms, trout pellets, aqua-pharm axolotl pellets, frozen krill and live red wigglers. I've also used spectrum pellets in the past which they seemed to enjoy as well.
Might as well add that they do not mix well with other species, they will snap at anything that moves and some species may pick at their gills.
Overall they're very easy and interesting animals to keep, and they don't take up much space.

fish608

Members
Blackworm order closes tomorrow! So please get your orders in!
Still plenty of fish and Axolotls left available!

~Chris