• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD - Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction Donations

dogofwar

CCA Members
One of the fun parts of AquaMania - The Big Fish Deal is the Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction, in which registered attendees have the opportunity to bid on a selection of rare, unusual and cool fish donated by hobbyists and sponsors.

I'm planning to donate:

- Cryptoheros septemfaciatus "Rio San Juan" (F1) - pretty dark red CARES Central American semi-dwarf cichlid
- Stomatepia pindu - pitch black "Darth Vader" (F1) CARES mouthbrooding cichlid from Lake Barombi Mbo in Cameroon
- Nematopus neetroplus "Lago Nicaragua" (F2) - sociable semi-dwarf Central American cichlid that turns from gray/white to black/white during breeding
- Crytoheros chetamulensis "Rio Sarstoon" (F2) - semi-dwarf orange-ish Central American cichlid
- Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor victoriae - Yellow Egyptian Mouthbrooder - small and relatively peaceful
- Maybe more - I'll have to see what I have at the time...

So what are you donating...and/or hoping to see?

Please be generous :)

Matt

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I don't have anything rare. I can donate "real" otter point peacocks if they are ready by then they are about 1/2" ATM

There are two from your list I def want...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Last year we had a really fun auction. We received a mix of fish from our club members as well as our sponsors. Keep an eye out for a list of sponsors once they are finalized!

Becca

Members
Will probably bring some Guianacara. I wish I could bring some Dicrossus, but they're barely a quarter of an inch.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
Have extras of something cool after you've grown them out and gotten a pair?

Breeding something CARES or otherwise interesting and feel like supporting the club (and getting BAP points)?

Just feel generous?

Donate something to the Saturday Night Rare Fish auction... or encourage your favorite vendor to...

Matt

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I'll probably donate some ameca splendedns and some skiffia multipunctata fry.
I've been growing out the ameca for a while and they are now breeding size. The multipunctata are still only about an inch but they are so uncommon in the hobby.
I unfortunately dont have enough zoogoneticus tequila fry this time.
I'll also donate the rest of the coatepeque fry.

I'll probably also donate some common stuff (marble cons, siquia, and a sun catfish)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I have some Protomelas spilonotus Mara Rocks coming up. Plan on throwing in a bag. :)

Protomelas_spilonotus.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I won't likely have anything to donate (buying a house put pulling females on hold) but I'm soliciting donations from some great sources. There's bound to be some nice stuff in the auction, I'm really looking forward to seeing what we end up with. We had some great donations last year, and I think this year will be just as good if not better.

Dominate98

Members
New excited member

This is awesome. Jay from Cichlids are Special referred me to this site when I caught wind of the show. Then as I start digging around about the show, I hear auctions on rare Cichlids!... Oh my. I cannot wait. I have been looking hard for more Peacocks, Lake Victorians, and Haps. This was music to my ears. I am just so glad to see many of you working to keep these beautiful Fish out there.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
This is awesome. Jay from Cichlids are Special referred me to this site when I caught wind of the show. Then as I start digging around about the show, I hear auctions on rare Cichlids!... Oh my. I cannot wait. I have been looking hard for more Peacocks, Lake Victorians, and Haps. This was music to my ears. I am just so glad to see many of you working to keep these beautiful Fish out there.

If you join the club prior to the event, you're also eligible to participate in a group buy from Dave's Rare Fish, who sells many types of harder to find African cichlids, as well as a few New World cichlids. He is offering a 10% discount on his prices, along with free shipping. More details found here:

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24252

dogofwar

CCA Members
I know that there will be some great donations from Dave and other vendors... but what other CCA members or other hobbyists will be donating?

This is a great way to support your club and the hobby!

Matt