• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Heart health

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Hey anyone know if cichlids (Malawi's) are heart conscious?
Lol I ask because my daughter thought feeding them Cheerios was a great idea...they finished the handful she tossed in,by the time I got the net. I know it won't kill them just worried about the honey/sugar in it.
They did get their vitamins for the night.....lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
Meh. Mine ate PlayDoh when a visiting child felt they were hungry and needed to eat. They were fine after a big waterchange. The worst that I suspect will happen is that the sugar might cause a bacterial bloom. Waterchange will fix that.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Meh. Mine ate PlayDoh when a visiting child felt they were hungry and needed to eat. They were fine after a big waterchange. The worst that I suspect will happen is that the sugar might cause a bacterial bloom. Waterchange will fix that.

I don't know there was no sign of the Cheerios left lol!
either way i will do a water change tonight. Just did one Sunday...they eat Cheerios and they get punished with a water change smh

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I think I regret teaching her how to feed the fish. She has her own box that I portion out food that she can use.
Now she tries to feed the pellets to the dogs. Lol

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1425481914.164388.jpg

spazmattik

Members
Lol. My fish feed my dog pellets. They hit the top of the water so hard sometimes they shoot the pellets out the water and then my sog finds them. Now everytime hes near a tabk he sniffs around the base for food. Lol

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Lol. My fish feed my dog pellets. They hit the top of the water so hard sometimes they shoot the pellets out the water and then my sog finds them. Now everytime hes near a tabk he sniffs around the base for food. Lol

That's awesome you've got a clean up crew inside and out of your tank

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
My dog comes down most nights when I go down to the fishroom to feed them. She knows I'm not the most precise person, so she has developed a fondness for NLS pellets and flakes that fall on the floor. I don't mind because it helps keep the floor clean, but I told her she's on a 'no seafood diet.'