• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Where do you get your Male Haps and Peacocks?

jmessineo1

Members
Just wondering where you guys getting your male Haps and Peacocks. Moving from a 75 to 135 so I need more show size males for the large tank and smaller males for the 7 which will be the growout.

Malawimania

Members
+ 1 on SEC cichlids. I have never personally ordered from them, but ended up acquiring some fish from a guy in NY breaking down his show tank. All the fish were purchased from SEC, to this day I haven't seen higher quality fish.

Siklid

Members
KG Tropical recently closed their retail storefront. They still exist as an online business and have some sort of limited retail space that I presume is run from the house.

Good product - pricing is inline with retail (higher side).

Call them or send an email - they are great at responding.

I give them a recommendation.

Senseied

Just starting again

I have been unable to have my fish for many years but I am setting up a new 90 now. Just going thru the cycle. I live near brockport ny half way between buffalo and rochester. can anyone suggest where I can get quality male haps and peacocks for a display tank?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Dave's Rare Fish is in San Antonio. I've ordered from Dave a few times and he does a great job of packing and shipping at reasonable prices.

Cichlid Lips

Members
I am picking up at the airport tomorrow night a shipment of Haps and Peacocks from a place no one here has mentioned. Mostly 5" to 7" fish. Provided they are what they are supposed to be, I'll share their info.

I will say I got an order from Quinns 10 days ago and all the fish were pretty nice. That said I was looking for show quality, and this order was all a lil smaller than what was advertised.
;)

spazmattik

Members
I am picking up at the airport tomorrow night a shipment of Haps and Peacocks from a place no one here has mentioned. Mostly 5" to 7" fish. Provided they are what they are supposed to be, I'll share their info.

I will say I got an order from Quinns 10 days ago and all the fish were pretty nice. That said I was looking for show quality, and this order was all a lil smaller than what was advertised.
;)
Mystery place huh? Keep us posted :p