• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Clown Loaches

spazmattik

Members
Clown loaches are hard to get past a couple inches and take forever to do so. Thats where the price comes in.

Gyarados

Members
They're not crazy stupid prices but its not a good deal.The big ones are sold for 50/ea tops (200), the mediums $20/ea tops, and the smalls maybe $10/ea, and thats going by typical LFS pricing. There should also be a reasonable discount from market price when you're buying a group 9 fish.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Just for reference, Jeff Rapps had 4-4.5" clown loaches for $55 each. While this is a retail price, its pretty good compared to what you'll find in an LFS. My personal opinion is I won't pay retail for fish I"m buying from someone's house, but everyone has the right to set their own prices, supply and demand will determine if they sell.

frankoq

Members
There were some large ones at Aquamania for $50 each.
Just about any clown over 3 inches long gets a crazy price.

I have 4.
I got lucky with a couple (3'') at $12 each
my third one (3'') was $25 and thought was very expensive
4th one was a small one for under $10.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
They are extremely slow growers, so specimens that are more than 4" are fish that are probably 3-4 years old. It contributes to the price.

Howie

Members
I guess the trio I recently bought for my 120 was a darn good deal for a 3+", a 2.5", and a 2". The LFS charges $7.99 usually for small ones. A few months back I got about 4 on special at Petsmart for $6/each. They will take a long time to grow out in my 36 bow fr.

YSS

Members
They definitely grow faster if you feed them meaty food. I have two that are approaching 8". Haven't seen loaches bigger than mine anywhere. :)

YSS

Members
Here are a couple of video clips. Couldn't take pictures as the fish were moving around too much. Size is hard to gauge, but the rock is over a foot long and high.

[YT]tDHSRIuHz4A[/YT]

[YT]M3_qcDHaGIE[/YT]

Last edited: