• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Camera Recommendations?

manbern

Members
Hey all! Can anyone recommend a good camera for taking nice fish photos/videos? I'm not looking to break the bank right now, so I'm not in the market for a DSLR, at least not yet anyway. But I'm looking for a well priced point-and-shoot camera. Thanks in advance for any inputs!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm considering getting the Olympus E-PM1. I don't have it yet, but it comes highly recommended if you want a point and shoot that has interchangeable lenses.

Hannibal

Members
We just picked up a Samsung Galaxy camera before our Mexico trip. It takes really good pictures and has many of the same features as the cell phones.

manbern

Members
We just picked up a Samsung Galaxy camera before our Mexico trip. It takes really good pictures and has many of the same features as the cell phones.

Which one? The $330 model? Or the $1500 model? If it's the latter, your definition of "inexpensive" is drastically different from mine! Lol!

Ballen0351

Members
Buy Used. I picked up an older Cannon (I cant remember the model its in my wifes car shes not home) It was a pro photographers old back up camera for $150. Found it on craigslist it works great and and takes good pics

manbern

Members
Buy Used. I picked up an older Cannon (I cant remember the model its in my wifes car shes not home) It was a pro photographers old back up camera for $150. Found it on craigslist it works great and and takes good pics

Yeah, I'll browse Craigslist soon. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just better pictures!

Hannibal

Members
Which one? The $330 model? Or the $1500 model? If it's the latter, your definition of "inexpensive" is drastically different from mine! Lol!

LOL! I didn't pay $1500 for my DSLR, I certainly wouldn't pay that for a point and shoot.

This is the one we have.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Camera-Android-Optical/dp/B00C7EPVHY

I only paid $170 or so for it. I stopped by Best Buy on my way home from work before the trip to look at their point and shoot cameras. It was an open box sale and wasn't missing anything so I scooped it up. You might have such luck if you stop by one. Could always check Ebay as well. I saw a few of the ones I have in the $200 range.

manbern

Members
LOL! I didn't pay $1500 for my DSLR, I certainly wouldn't pay that for a point and shoot.

This is the one we have.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Camera-Android-Optical/dp/B00C7EPVHY

I only paid $170 or so for it. I stopped by Best Buy on my way home from work before the trip to look at their point and shoot cameras. It was an open box sale and wasn't missing anything so I scooped it up. You might have such luck if you stop by one. Could always check Ebay as well. I saw a few of the ones I have in the $200 range.

Lol! I did an Amazon search for Samsung Galaxy Camera and the $300 model and $1500 model popped up. Didn't know which one you were referring to. :)

Have you taken any fish photos with it yet? If so, maybe post some on this thread for me to get a sneak peek? Some people think that just because their camera takes nice landscape photos, it'll work good for everything else. Not saying that's you, just speaking in generalities. :)

Hannibal

Members
I just snapped a few pics real quick before all of my lights shut off on my tanks. I have not messed around with the camera too much as my wife usually has it with her. It can take pictures in Auto, special modes like on cell phones, and then expert modes much like using a DSLR. Once I get a chance to read the manual some and experiment with the different modes I can probably get much better shots but I wanted to get you a few so you had a taste of what it can do.

The following pictures are taken using the indoor mode.
My 75 gallon from my couch:

Zoomed in from the couch:

A few of a semi-planted tank:

The 55 next to me on the couch:

And some cupcakes for good measure:

manbern

Members
Those are some pretty nice pics, epspecially for a point-n-shoot! But how dare you post some pics of delicious looking cupcakes, when I haven't had my dinner yet! :mad: Lol, j/k!