• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Beltway Aquarium Store

Have any of you guys been to beltway lately? If not then I think you guys should go because they have a sale and a few fish selection they have. Also, they have some of the BIGGEST DOVII I ever seen as well as some really nice festaes.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I actually haven't been there but spoke with the owner about participating in AquaMania or otherwise getting involved to support the club and the hobby in our area.

He wasn't interested in either.

Not that there are many left, but I tend not to support LFS that don't support the club.

If folks from the club shop there, mention the club and let them know the benefits of supporting CCA...

Matt

Have any of you guys been to beltway lately? If not then I think you guys should go because they have a sale and a few fish selection they have. Also, they have some of the BIGGEST DOVII I ever seen as well as some really nice festaes.

Thai

Members
Like going there when I have a chance, interesting fish and can usually score some deals on obscure fish

I was there about 2 weeks ago. It has a collection of 4 to 5 24+inch Dovii, including a breeding pair in the front. I have never seen fish so huge in LFSs and wonder where he got all the fish from. The place is sloppy, with hoses and clutter all over the floor and he has no concern for customers trip and fall. This store is unique in having the most collection of monster fish and huge 100+ gal tanks, but no small tetra fish except feeders.

I was there about 2 weeks ago. It has a collection of 4 to 5 24+inch Dovii, including a breeding pair in the front. I have never seen fish so huge in LFSs and wonder where he got all the fish from. The place is sloppy, with hoses and clutter all over the floor and he has no concern for customers trip and fall. This store is unique in having the most collection of monster fish and huge 100+ gal tanks, but no small tetra fish except feeders.

Lol you are right about the clutter. Now I know a lot of you guys dislike hybrids but he have a 5" red texas for $200 and I just think that is crazy. I was told he wanted $800 for those Monster dovii which is a little crazy as well.

verbal

CCA Members
Lol you are right about the clutter. Now I know a lot of you guys dislike hybrids but he have a 5" red texas for $200 and I just think that is crazy. I was told he wanted $800 for those Monster dovii which is a little crazy as well.

I think some fish have always been priced just as display fish.

Frank
I didn't see any clown loaches but HOT have some REALLY NICE ONES. If I had the space for some I might have gotten a few. They have one that's Deep Red/Orange with wide black bars. I think you should get a few :)

frankoq

Members
Frank
I didn't see any clown loaches but HOT have some REALLY NICE ONES. If I had the space for some I might have gotten a few. They have one that's Deep Red/Orange with wide black bars. I think you should get a few :)

Ok thanks. I'll go check them out.

rich_one

Members
Except for rare occasion, I avoid this store. More due to the guy that owns it, than the store itself. That said, he does tend to have fish that you otherwise would normally have to order online or get from a club member or something. As it is, I have a very nice argentae in one of my tanks that I got from this store a year or so ago.

-Rich

Thai

Members
Poorly ran, not really, he's just an old hardass who doesn't take crap from no one, he's been around for a very log time, and for a reason. He brings nice nice big rare fish and his client tale would rather have that then customer service. Also esp being in the ghetto mall he's in I've seen him deal with so many idiots that just wonder in causing trouble.

If Richards gets to know you and deems you not an idiot you can pretty much select and bag your own fish if you like. He's not a terrible guy.

Harleyrider5

Members
Rich and Robin know me. Every time I go in they are nice and helpful to me. He is also the only LFS that will haggle on prices. There maybe clutter but he offers alot that you cant get anywhere else. Most of my fish have come from there. All healthy fish

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App