• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Glass (for Lid) supplier in Baltimore

tremper

Members
It's time to replace all of my glass tops on 3 tanks. Does anyone know of a decently priced glass shop in Balto or relatively close surround areas?

These are for a 150 tall, a 40 breeder and a 125 6 footer.

Thanks in advance.

Jmty

Members
you can get lids from defroster sell them just bought for 125 for $50,4 pieces ,hinge and the handle, paid a little more to custom made form a glass place no hinges or handle.

tremper

Members
I had glass quoted for a 125g 6', a 150g tall, and a 36" 60g tank at $113 from Caplans in Baltimore. Picked up hinges and handles today at HOT for $45. Hate to invest more in lids than some of the tanks cost but hey, things were starting to look a bit shabby....

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Have you considered using plexi-glass or acrylic? I've successfully cut plexi using a circular saw with a plywood blade installed backwards.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
In my searches from cheap alternative I have found that glass canopies are priced very close to the cost for making DIY glass canopies.

Raven20

Members
I had glass quoted for a 125g 6', a 150g tall, and a 36" 60g tank at $113 from Caplans in Baltimore. Picked up hinges and handles today at HOT for $45. Hate to invest more in lids than some of the tanks cost but hey, things were starting to look a bit shabby....

Try Poplar Hardware and RG Collins glass...both in Dundalk....I get my glass from them...both cheap too