• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Vacation feeders??

spazmattik

Members
They are now! :) last time we went out of town for a week our pet sitter grossly overfed the only fish we had at the time (a betta) given the amount of tanks i now have with various sized fish, these pill containers will put my mind at ease. It cant get much easier for an inexperienced fishsitter than this...can it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1409435091109.jpg

Just went away for 10 days none of my fish ate even a tank of four week old fry
Did just fine.
Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, I like the pill boxes too. If it's a week or less, I usually don't worry about it unless I have fragile fry. Otherwise I leave the pill boxes or little individual baggies labeled for every other day for my husband to feed them with.

spazmattik

Members
Yep, I like the pill boxes too. If it's a week or less, I usually don't worry about it unless I have fragile fry. Otherwise I leave the pill boxes or little individual baggies labeled for every other day for my husband to feed them with.
exactly! i was more worried about the fry. Have two tanks with fish less than an inch plus the istlanums that I've had a hard time with in the past. We are leaving tomorrow for the outer banks and only staying till saturday so its probably not a big deal but our pet sitter was already coming over to insulate our diabetic cat so I figured why not?

spazmattik

Members
Sorry to derail but how do you like that cichlid bio gold?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I personally don't care much for it but the fish love it :D

Seriously though I pretty much feed mainly NLS and just toss those others in there every other day or to switch it up a bit for them. I can say that the picky fish I have had will go for the hikari /omega one and spit out the NLS.

I've been going for 3 to 4 weeks vacation each year, and never fed my fish during my absence. It's healthier for the water quality and the fish if you don't feed them. If any fish dies during your absence, you will have many hungry scavengers to clean it up so it won't pollute the water. Except for tiny fry, fish can easily handle weeks without food. Think about mouth brooding Africans and male plecos. They routinely brood their eggs without eating for 3 to 4 weeks, so can your fish.