• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Filtration change - thoughts

Becca

Members
+1

I'm a fan of the classics; they live up to their reputation ime, quiet, durable, simple. Haven't actually used the Eccos, exactly because I typically hear they're sort of a poor man's Eheim, not that they're bad filters for what they are, but basically an entry level Eheim and realistically more of a small tank filter.

Unless you get into the really big Eheims, they're engineering in general is not so much based on big filter flow.

As far as filtration in general, it's definitely one of those things that there's a lot of ways to do it, everyone has their preference. So, from my point of view I'd wait for a deal on a used 2215, or even better a 2217 would be a sweet setup for that tank. But everyone has their own theories and preferences for filtration.

Yep - we run the 150 on two 2217's and I had a 2213 for the 29 that I sold off - it wasn't big enough for the 55. The Ecco was given to me by a friend who was quitting fish. Seemed like the perfect size for the 55... :wacko:

neut

Members
Yep - we run the 150 on two 2217's and I had a 2213 for the 29 that I sold off - it wasn't big enough for the 55. The Ecco was given to me by a friend who was quitting fish. Seemed like the perfect size for the 55... :wacko:
That's a nice setup imo. I do the same for a 135 and I've known people who were very pleased with their water running two 2217s running on a 180. Nice having a tank you don't hear running. :cool: