• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Glass Cages burns down

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Sucks about the fish.

I have been talking for years about rebuilding my room. Even went on their website last week looking at tank sizes and dollars. Again..

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I read that too and was quickly saddened. I hope they have a good insurance policy and get back on their feet quickly.

verbal

CCA Members
From their website it looks like the fire was only the freshwater fish business. Apparently the aquarium business and saltwater fish are intact.

JLW

CCA Members
Heard back -- the fire destroyed freshwater holding tanks, but didn't really effect the aquarium manufacturing side.

YSS

Members
I wonder what caused the fire. We use a lot of electrical equipment in our hobby and electrical accidents could happen. I witnessed one of my cheap CF units (either Jebo or Odyssey) started to burn. I immediately unplugged the unit so no harm, but don't know what would have happened if no one was home to see. I am not buying cheap electrical equipment anymore.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I wonder what caused the fire. We use a lot of electrical equipment in our hobby and electrical accidents could happen. I witnessed one of my cheap CF units (either Jebo or Odyssey) started to burn. I immediately unplugged the unit so no harm, but don't know what would have happened if no one was home to see. I am not buying cheap electrical equipment anymore.

Keep in mind. Even the best equipment won't save you if the house is improperly wired.
Keep up home maintenance (esp old homes)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app