• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How Many Tanks do you Have?

How Many Tanks do you Have?

• None

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-5

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • 6-10

Votes: 20 27.8%
  • 11-20

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • 20+

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

Becca

Members
Counting bowls??? LOL. Too many.

150 w/ 4 piranhas (the uglies) and 5 assorted Raphael Cats (the fat-fish), plants, wood, skull shaped vodka bottle, 2 2217s, cabinet stand.
6 gallon aquascaped Edge w/ checkerboard pair, 5 white clouds, 2 galaxy rasboras, nerite snail, and 2 amano shrimp.
2.5 gallon 'show tank' with hordes of red cherry shrimp and a couple of micro crabs.
2 1-2 gallon wall mounted bowls, 1 with a Dario hysignon and 2 cherry shrimp, 1 with sparkling gouramis and 2 cherry shrimp.
1 whiskey barrel pond - under construction - eventually the bettas are going there.
1 29 gallon with 4 B. potati, 2 stray cory cats.
1 20 gallon quarantine with 2 chocolate Raphaels, and 1 oil cat (guy with the broken fin got a blood infection).
1 tear-drop shaped bowl (approx 2 gals) with more cherry shrimp.
1 tall cylinder, more cherry shrimp and a micro crab.
1 aquascaped glass "pond" (short wide cylinder) with a brown spike-tailed paradise fish.

Ading522

Members
Used to have 16 tanks..with a total of 300+ gallons..now I am learning more what I want and slowly consolidating..by the end of June will be down to 5 tanks and 180+ gallons..lol..

QuarterMiler

Members
Right at the moment, I have 16 up and running.

125 Mixed Mbuna
125 Cyno Afra Cobue and WC Leth. Albus
75 Otopharynx Tetrastigma and Aul. Korneliae
72 Maingano, A. Desfontainii(others on the way;))
40B Maingano and Red Zebra
40L Julie Marlieri Gombe(w/fry) and O. Ventralis Ulwile
33L Pseudocrenilabrus Nicholsi
33L Kilesa
33L White Calvus, L. Mealeagris, Julie Gombe
29 Red Zebra juvies
29 Otopharynx Tetrastigma Juvies
2x 20L Mbuna Growout
20L Alcolapia Alcalicus(only 2 females:()
2x 10g fry growouts

Whew, that seems like a lot of work just to type!:eek:

chris_todd

Members
110g mixed African males
90g three 10" Oscars
75g planted w/mostly SE Asian fish
37g Australoheros oblongum group
Three 40 breeders with CARES Vics
50 breeder group of Geophagus brasiliensis

Total 482 gallons across 8 tanks (at the moment :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mchambers

Former CCA member
I have 11 tanks, as described in another recent thread:

I'm on DC (DCWASA) tap water, and also use Safe. I sometimes use rainwater as well and occasionally water from a dehumidifier, for corydoras, rams, nannacara, and pelvicachromis. All of my tanks have plants, but only relatively easy plants. Almost all my tanks have pool filter sand for substrate.

I use live food, too: mostly microworms, white worms, and grindal worms. I also can collect small earthworms from my compost bins.
Feeding varies. For most fish, I feed five days a week, taking Tuesday and Friday off. Based on the April meeting talk, however, I've been trying heavy feeding of corydoras on Saturday and Sunday, and then fasting them Monday through Wednesday.

For fry, I'll feed golden pearls and microworms. I often use the golden pearls in an Eheim autofeeder. I have two Marina breeder boxes, but have just begun using them, and put some corydoras eggs in one last weekend.

For adults, I feed a variety of flakes, pellets, and Repashy.

I change the water at least weekly, 50% or more, although I'm thinking about cutting back to see if that will affect spawning.

I have 11 tanks. Two are in our family room. One of those is a 20 gallon mixed community tank that houses the male offspring of the guppies and endlers my daughter wanted 6 or so years ago. (That's how I ended up with this addiction again.) Also has some neon tetras and 7 juvenile German rams. The other is a 10 gallon that currently houses only Celestial Pearl Danios and Rosy Dwarf Loaches.

In the basement, I have the other 9 tanks:
55 - mixed community. currently Bolivian rams and Laetacara Thayeri, some panda corydoras and a few other small groups of corydoras
10 - used for breeding whatever I want. Currently has some corydoras loxozonus. Has red cherry shrimp, as well. Last week it had six celestial pearl danios. Reminds me: I need to see if any CPD fry made it
40B - 2 pair nannacara aureocephalus, 7 or so gold laser corydoras (cw010), and 7 or so corydoras atropersonatus
40B - 5 Australoheros oblongum and 17 yellow cat corydoras (c123)
29 - Electric blue ram pair, cardinal tetras, and corydoras sterbai
29 - 3 serpae tetras, 3 black skirt tetras, a few female guppies, and lots of juvenile archocentrus multispinosa (free to members)
20H - pelvicachromis subocellatus and a group of corydoras melanotaenai
20L - corydoras erhardti and habrosus
15 - pelvicachromis roloffi kolente pair

All but one of my tanks have canister filters, mostly various Eheim models. I have one tank with an Aquaclear HOB and a couple ACs in boxes as backups in case something goes wrong.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Inside the fishroom-
220g- primitive fish
75g x 6 (one is oscar, some are pelvicachromis, some are growouts)- various
55gx6 (various, several are catfish tanks)
36g- living room tank
30gx4- various
29gx 6-various
20gx14- various
20 highx2
15gx6- various
10gx8-various
5gx10-fry
4ishg metaframes x2
2.5gx6
60g- discus
4g-photo tank
I am sure that I am forgetting some tanks, or maybe even a rack or two.
Plus a dozen or so of various sizes empty right now, so I didn't count those. My room is run off a central air pump and all lights are on a central timer. The 220, one 75, and the 60 breeder have their own filtration, the rest are solely on sponges. Only the discus and one hypancistrus tank have heaters.

I think (today), I have around 1900 gallons actively being used in my basement and about 300-400g being utilized outside.

Outside
4xbig black bins- maybe 70g? each

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Cool thread, Matt.. we haven't done this in a while.

Changed things up a bit in the last year or so.

180 - Malawi haps
150 - SA Eartheater community
125 - Central community
125 - Malawi haps
90 - Tang featherfins/Cyps
75 - Tropheus
4x60 - Vics, Parachromis, Malawi haps, CA growouts
45 - discus
40 - West Africans
29 - Malawi haps
8x20 - plecos, growouts, misc
3x15 - plecos, growouts, misc
8,5 - fry growout
2x55-60 gal outdoor containers

That's just shy of 1400 gallons including the two outdoor containers. A good balance for me... Enough to get stuff done, but not so much that it's constant maintenance.

Three of the 6 footers are in my basement rec room. They all have individual filters - combinations of sumps, AC110s, Rena canisters, Matten filter.

Have the discus, 29 and one of the 20s upstairs. All on 1-2 Aquaclears each with heaters in each.

The rest of the tanks are in the fish room. Central air with multiple sponges in each tank, Aquaclears on about half. Heaters on a few pleco tanks, but the room is mostly heated by the dehumidifier (which is on most of the time).

Greengirl

Members
I have four tanks
55g- Black ghost knife, three adult Angels, one high coverage marble male, one black marble male, and one gold female. One turquoise rainbow, one zebra danio, one bn pleco, and one diamond tetra.

45g - one pair of platinum blue koi angelfish. One blue marble angel, one black marble angel, one half back angel, and one zebra angel. 2 calico lfbn plecos, and one pair of Inka Apistos.

36g bowfront - one pair of super red angelfish, one long fin BN pleco, 3 ruby rasboras, and a hang-on breeder box of 35 angelfish fry.

10g - 4 juvenile diamond tetra that my old pair bred (the female in the pair from the 55g died last week) 5 dime sized angels, and one super red baby pleco.

Pond snails are scattered in all of them.

TMSB805

Members
I'll play...

300g- A.Nourisatti, F0 A. Rostratus, F0 A. Longimanus, T. Maculipinnis
90g- A. Lyonsi, C. Godmani
75g- A. Rostratus, H. Deppi
40g- Crypto Panamensis, Crypto Coatepeque, H. Bartoni
40g- Gymno Australis, Gymno Rhabdotus, Butterfly Goodied
29g- Lyonsi
10g- Cryto Septemfaciatus

Becca

Members
I have 11 tanks, as described in another recent thread:

For fry, I'll feed golden pearls and microworms. I often use the golden pearls in an Eheim autofeeder. I have two Marina breeder boxes, but have just begun using them, and put some corydoras eggs in one last weekend.

What are golden pearls?

JasonC

Members
A powder type of fish food. Not sure what it actually is. YFS and Kensfish sell them in different micron sizes.

The smallest size, IMHO, is really great for new fry.. its a super fine powder and stays suspended for a good long time giving the fry ample time to feed on it.