• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2014 Fish Resolutions - What are yours?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
This year, I'm going to try and focus on growing out and breeding the fish that I have. I've been going through a lot of turn over in my tanks, and I'm trying to stabilize and grow out healthy fish.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
-Get the water changes automated a bit in the main room (same as the last two new years, lol)
-Keep my fish alive through the baby's arrival (the above will certainly help)
-Pay more attention to my pleco groups and hopefully get some spawns

Mine:
- Use more live plants in my tanks
Matt

Plants need light to survive, silly!

Becca

Members
-Get the water changes automated a bit in the main room (same as the last two new years, lol)

Yeah, Matt, I did notice a severe lack of light in your fish room ;).

Tony - new parents are supposed to have a list of things that visitors must be willing to help with in order to enter the house and lay eyes, hands, cheek pinching fingers of doom on a new baby... Either add water changes to your list, or add things that will give you time to do water changes to your list.

If you need help with heavy-duty stuff once a month, I owe you some hard labor for your assistance with the 150.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've actually had pretty good luck with Anubias, Java Moss and Pothos, especially in relative proximity to the bulbs :)

Matt

JasonC

Members
-Get my tanks/fish area organized in a cohesive, and sightly enough manner that I don't cringe in horror at the idea of actually bringing people down to see them.

A quick search didn't turn up a 2013 resolutions thread.. if one did happen, would be curious to see who actually accomplished what?

Hannibal

Members
-Get my 125 up and running to give my Taiwan Reef group the space they deserve and also add another group of something as well.

-Change up my 75 gallon and re-home my Mbuna.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
This year I plan on working with Tony (in the immediate future) to build a stand to house three smaller tanks.
Tank1: Mr. Aqua 12g long. Will likely have manzanita, java fern & anubias and will be home to at least a pair of Pelvicachromis.
Tank2 and 3 consist of a 15g half tank and a 29 gallon half tank. I am not sure what I will put in them. I may use them to grow out some plecos.

I also plan on renovating my 25g cube. I plan on replacing the substrate with sand. Other than that, I am unsure how to scape it or what fish to put in it.