• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

That Fish Place

Reed

Very Fishe
Went to That Fish Place yesterday. That place is amazing! Its like the Mecca for fish geeks.

When I asked about the anniversary sale they said tanks would be 25% off and stands would be 20% off. Not a dollar a gallon! Most everything else would greatly discounted. The fishroom was stock with all kinds of cichlids. It seem as if most all juvies were $10 and any adult was $50.

I picked up a few supplies. Got a great deal on a Corallife T5 48 inch color Max for $6.00 wow. Would love to go back.

verbal

CCA Members
Do they have a price list for their aquariums online? It looks like they re-did their website to be more focused on shipping.

londonloco

Members
LOL yeah, I've been driving up there from VA and MD, and down there from NJ for quite sometime also....but I'm not giving a date....Pat's brave....

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I got their mailer yesterday... no mention of the $1/gallon or $1.25/gallon sale there either.

Bummer. I could use a couple more 125s. ;)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I even remember the drive home from there the first time. Wife spotted a grey hair in my head.... lol

Actually, I drove to Florida in 1980. I found a fish store and found my first FAMA or TFH, cant remember which. Bought it. Found the ad for Tfp in it and drove up there the next weekend.
So I had to go to Florida to find That Fish Place.
Back then they were just fish and they were in a different building.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
ahhhhhh 1980 ....pre internet era. no texting. no youtube. no facebook. no tweeting. no pay-per-view tv and cheap gas(after those even odd gas days). great times those were.

davidhusker

Members
I would totally recommend them for their supplies, you cant find a better cost for product anywhere else, even online most of the times. I have had bad luck with almost every fish i've purchased from them. I have about a 25% survive rate and ive bought probably 8-10 fish from them.

mrkillie

Members
Went to That Fish Place yesterday. That place is amazing! Its like the Mecca for fish geeks....

Would love to go back.

Then why don't you? You can come to the next ACLC meeting (April 28th @ 1:00), where the CCA's own Mike Barber will be speaking on his Amazon Expedition. Or, come on up for the Anniversary Sale (April 14th & 15th), and be sure to stop by the ACLC table while you are there.

I haven't received a flyer or an ad for our publication yet for the sale, but they sometimes have 75s and 125s at $1/gallon. I will post here as soon as I find out anything definitive. A 25% off all tanks sale would be very unusual for them, but I wouldn't put it past them!

BevN

Members
Got the flyer yesterday. The 25% is on the larger tanks up to 265. The smaller tanks are 15%. I would find the exact sizes that are on sale for which discount but the dogs ate the flyer. :angry:

mrkillie

Members
Speak of the devil! Just got it-here's (some of) the scoop:

Tanks 10-44 gallons 15% off
Tanks 55-265 gallons 25% off
Stands up to 20% off

30% Off
Aqueon Circulation Pumps
Aqueon Food
All Aquarium Livestock

25% Off:
Aqueon Quiet Flow Filters
Coralife Dual bulb HO T5 Light Fixtures & HO T5 bulbs
Filstar Canister Filters and media
Marineland Penguin Power Filters & Cartridges
Marineland Canister Filters

20% Off:
Ocean Nutrition Flake and Frozen Foods
Tetra fish Food
Current Nova Extreme HO T5 Light Fixtures
Kordon Water Treatments
Marineland Emperor and Eclipse Cartridges
Marineland Visi-Therm Heaters

15% Off:
AquaClear Filters, Power Heads and Media
Fluval Canister Filters and Media
Fluval Heaters
Fluval Aquarium Kits
Marineland LED Light Fixtures

That's just some of the specials for the weekend.

BevN

Members
I was just there looking at a 265. I think the tank, stand, light and something else was around two grand. Cannot remember the price for just the tank though.

verbal

CCA Members
$10 for juvies. That seems a bit pricy.

It is easy to get spoiled by prices at fish clubs.

The prices at That Pet Place seem pretty reasonable for a pet store. I am sure you can get fish cheaper at Pets**, but they are likely misidentified and more likely to be unhealthy.

halak

Members
I have had bad luck with almost every fish i've purchased from them. I have about a 25% survive rate and ive bought probably 8-10 fish from them.

I have had similar experiences with fish from them. Not as bad as a 25% survival rate, but just slightly above 50%.

Shane

Members
I have had similar experiences with fish from them.

Same here. I was up there about a month ago and purchased a group of 10 corys and a group of 7 Parotocinclus. Each group was placed into its own 10 gallon quarantine tank. The Parotocinclus all dropped off over the course of the following week as did 3 of the 10 corys. A loss of 10 out of 17 fishes in quarantine seems incredibly high to me.
That said, the dry goods section alone is worth the trip up there.
Two other things to keep in mind: 1) Their website is not remotely up to date, so don't drive up there thinking to buy a fish because they have it as available on their website. 2) Mail order trumps walk in customers. You may see several fishes you like only to be told they are not for sale as they are being held for mail order.
-Shane