• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

GOT THESE FISH TODAY

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Went out this morning and did some rockfishing with my son Dunyri, Derik, Eric, Prince, and B.J. the day started out with winds between 15-20, overcast and not looking promising. Our captain said that since it was not looking good or got to rough we could come back in and reschedule for another date. We decided to try our luck. It didn't look good after 2.5 hrs and we had decided to reschedule when "FISH ON!" and BJ had landed a 35" rock and the ice was broken. Derik followed with a 34" rock and Dunyri got one at 29". Everyone was very excited because we we into some nice fish. We didn't get another hit for an hour. Finally I heard one of the lines get hit and we had another "FISH ON!". I had a nice fat 37"er to add to our cooler. The day was turning out to be not too bad afterall. We needed 2 more fish. Big shot out to our captain Jason and his first mate Eric! These guys were determined to get us onto th ese fish again and they did. Eric got his fish it was a nice 35"er. Prince who had been waiting his turn ever so patiently got his chance. He got that rod and the fight was on. Prince set his feet and dug in. He reeled that fish in and it was 36"! We all were very very happy at this point but we also had something else to celebrate. Derik, Dunyri, and Prince caught there very 1st Rockfish! Way to go guys! You guys ever need a good charter give HOG BAY CHARTERS a shot. They are determined you have a great time fishing. I was impressed also with how easy they made the first timers feel and fit right in. Pics coming soon it won't allow me to upload at this time.

Beeman

Members
Well how cool is that, not just any fish, BIG FISH ALL!!! Memories that last a lifetime. Savour these moments bro. I remember well taking my daughters, now twenty-somethings, fishing for large-mouth bass when they were littlins. My youngest had a little 3ft Mickey Mouse rod, and as I had my back turned helping daughter #2 with her fish, my youngest was grappling with a 5 pounder, her rod bent nearly in two! SOOO sweet the memories :)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
SORRY FOR THE DELAY ON PICS GUYS

Here are the pics. i couldnt upload them yesterday for whatever reason. had a blast getting those rockfish. Beeman its a memory ill keep until i die. i was so proud of him! his face when he got it to the boat was priceless!:p

ROCKFISHING 5-6-12.jpg

COOLER OF ROCKS 5-6-12.jpg

Last edited:

Spine

Members
Great pics, Wish I could have gone. I worked on cars all day,fishing would have been more fun