• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Angel fish

fishman13

Members
What cichlids can i put in a 40 breeder with
Cardinal tetras
Lemon tetras
Zebra danios
Red cherry shrimp, thow they are dieing off quikly. Good thing i have a second population going
Red clawed shrimp
Red eyed tetras

Plants are
Wisteria
Jungle vals
Java moss
Hygrophilia

looking to breed them.
Would like to put in angel fish but dont think thats going to work

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wouldn't put any cichlids with the shrimp. Sooner or later, the shrimp will just be expensive snacks.

If you relocate the shrimp, a pair of keyholes would be a good addition to the tank. They are really mellow little guys. Angels will eat the shrimp and probably the cardinals as they get bigger.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
They (shrimp) will almost certainly become a meal for any cichlid you add to the tank. If you did not ahve the shrimp, you could go with any of what has been suggested, as well as a pair of pelvicachromis pulcher, though they can be brazen during spawning.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
The red-clawed shrimp might be eating some of the cherries. They are predatory--they take the place of crayfish. But cherries breed like roaches, so you might stay ahead of the game.

Blaise