• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

That Fish Place

chriscoli

Administrator
I've had really good luck with their plants so far, and when they're 30% off, it's a pretty good deal. Some days, of course, are better than others as far as what they have in stock.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I've bought fish from them a few times and always had pretty good luck. Well, except for one time...

Jim Peck was up there for a livestock sale 6 months back and picked up three L134s (Peckoltia compta) about 1.75" each for me. I think that they were 30% off of $50 each. $50 each is not bad for retail, but $35 is pretty nice, so I had him scoop them all up.

I put them in their own 10 gal quarantine tank and the next day, one dead. Two days later, the other two were dead. I was completely bummed.

They took them back with no issues, but I had to drive up to PA for the return. I don't really judge the store on these guys though. Newly arrived wild-caught plecos sometimes have issues acclimating to life in a glass box. Still a bummer though.

toddnbecka

Members
Not too surprising to lose Parotocinclus, but the L-134's should have held up better than that IMO. I've only been there once, a couple years back. Not sure if I just happened to arrive at a bad time, but their stock seemed pretty low; fair number of empty tanks, and not very many of most fish they did have. Prices on livestock seemed decent for an lfs, I didn't look at the dry goods though.
AllOddballAquatics in Pittsburgh is a good place to check out too. I've never had any issues with their stock. Eric Bodrock used to own it, I suspect he still breeds some of their homegrown stock.

BevN

Members
I stopped in there yesterday while out on a blackworm run and looked at the price on the 265 with corner flows. It is $1404 if you are one of their club members.

I don't know if the 25% is off of that price on the regular price. I also noticed that a lot of the big tanks seems to be sold out. There were more of the smaller ones on display.