• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Tank Set up/ Is This Good For a Breeding Pair

Jim5190

Members
The One with no plants in it is my old set up and the one with all the green is my new set up. I was wondering if this is a good set up for a breeding pair of cubans. I also add a convict and 2 jewel cichlids as target fish so what do you guys think

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01268.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

verbal

CCA Members
Both set-ups look.

What really matters for a breeding tank is what the fish think of it :)

I would leave things the way the are unless there is a lot of aggression(and it doesn't look like courtship). I think you have a good mix of open and cave spots for them to select.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I have my pair in a tank with a couple of handfuls of pool filter sand, 2-3 broken flowerpots, a sponge filter and a box filter. They're plenty happy and sociable. I don't light the tank directly (or any tank in my fishroom), which I think makes a big difference in terms of them coming out and being comfortable...

Matt

Jim5190

Members
my cubans are out all the time now i added the convict and the jewels as chase fish they dont hide they come to the top for feeding time which is 2 times a day