• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Let Me Introduce Myself..

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. My name is Bobby Phillips (aka phishphorphun) and a long time keeper (about twenty years) of African cichlids. Currently my main interest is in Lake Malawi utakas. I have an all male hap/peacock display, a growout tank and a very small Lake Tanganyika display.

I recognize a couple folks here from other forums and look forward to meeting some of the members in person. Francine may know me from APF. And I want to thank Sarah for bringing CCA to my attention.

I look forward to sharing and learning more about this wonderful hobby with fellow local fishkeepers. Oh, I'm in the Baltimore area - Parkville to be precise.

Happy fishkeeping :D

mscichlid

Founder
Well, well, well! Small world! Welcome! Good to see you here.

Don't forget to share your pics with us. I could use some for our Newsletter.
Would you mind if I contact you to see if you have pictures I need for the Biotope?

I can't wait to meet you. Let's talk fish, fish photography and fish! :)
Francine

revo2001

Members
Hey since you're doing it, let me introduce myself, i'm Doug. I'm relatively new to cichlid keeping. I've been apart of the fish hobby for almost 2 years. So if I ever sound ignorant, I am! But I'll always listen, I love finding out new info! I currently live in Rosedale(East Baltimore)..

Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm excited about the opportunity this association gives me to learn more about this exciting hobby and meet fellow fish-keepers!

Right now I have some lwanda's and electric yellow's and am planning on expanding soon.

Anyways, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread phishphorphun. Nice to meet you, and everybody!

- Doug

mscichlid

Founder
Well, it's nice to meet you Doug! Welcome to CCA! I would like to meet you as well. There are a lot of people in the club who keep Africans that will be able to answer all your questions.

I keep South Americans and would be hard pressed just to identify an African species. Oh, but I do know some of the West Africans very well.

See you at the meeting! :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Welcome guys.

I hope you can make it to the next meeting. We can always use fresh faces and ideas.
You will find people there with simular interests.
The information can be found on the web site under next meeting.
We would love to see you. There is always refreshments, a mini raffle and mini auction.
The mini auction has been as few as 5 bags and as many as around 45.

See ya there.
Pat

revo2001

Members
I wish I could but unfortunately it looks like I'll have to work that saturday .. doh! I work every other saturday so hopefully some of the meetings land on one of my off-saturdays! =D

- Doug

mscichlid

Founder
Aww. That's too bad. Remember it's the second Saturday of each month except July and August. We have the Holiday Party at a member's home.

I just realized that I will also have to miss the next meeting. I have a golf tournament that I commited to play in on the 10th.

I was sooo looking forward to meeting you folks.

Also, I was going to make this offer at the meeting, so let me do it here so it can be passed on.

I've read some of the threads and noticed folks may need help getting photographs for articles, etc. Anyone needing photos of their fish can contact me through email or here and I'll be happy to arrange taking photos at their location. I will volunteer my time for the club's members who need an aquatic photographer to assist them in a project.

My schedule is fairly flexible and I travel thoughout the state for my job. So I may be able to shoot weekday afternoons or evenings, as well as weekends.

And if we have huricane like weather on September 10th, I'll be able to attend the meeting. ;)

Steve

Members
"Currently my main interest is in Lake Malawi utakas."
"I have a golf tournament that I commited to play in on the 10th."

Oh, Malawis *and* golf.
I like this guy.

Hi Bob.

Hi to you, too, Doug.

Cheers
Steve

Originally posted by Steve@Sep 6 2005, 12:07 PM
"Currently my main interest is in Lake Malawi utakas."
"I have a golf tournament that I commited to play in on the 10th."

Oh, Malawis *and* golf.
I like this guy.

Hi Bob.

Hi to you, too, Doug.

Cheers
Steve
I'm not sure which is my favorite photo to date...

HinOneTrophy.jpg

or...

25aLwanda070705.jpg

Both are winners :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh, my god.
That last one is a bute.

I have got to get with you and learn a few things.
I just bought the D70 recently and am trying to learn.
I tried to take some with my F5 but it never came out. I think I need a different lens and I know I need a better flash.

Pat

Originally posted by Pat Kelly@Sep 6 2005, 06:04 PM
Oh, my god.
That last one is a bute.

I have got to get with you and learn a few things.
I just bought the D70 recently and am trying to learn.
I tried to take some with my F5 but it never came out. I think I need a different lens and I know I need a better flash.

Pat
Hey Pat, do you realize how hard it was to get the first pic I showed. <_<

If you are a golfer, it may sink in. :unsure: :unsure:

We'll get together and talk about fish pix later ;)