• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Happy Morning Surprise!

Have you ever looked in your tank and got a "what the hell is that?" surprise -- in a good way? This morning, a little baby s. lucipinnis came out to greet me! :wub::wub: Really, there is nothing cuter except maybe a Golden Retriever puppy.

This is the third time I've been surprised by a lone baby in this tank. He is about .75" I would guess. There are six adults in the 45 gallon, a long-established tank. I don't do anything special to encourage reproduction and don't even had a fry pile of rocks in there any more. So I have no idea how little ones end up surviving long enough to grow big enough for the lazy fishkeeper to go OMG what is that??? :lol:

mchambers

Former CCA member
I discovered a small corydoras (maybe .75 inches) Saturday in a 40 gallon tank that hasn't had any adult corydoras in it for over a year. Nor have I moved any fish into that tank in recent months. I have no idea how he got there.