• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

stingray identification

don't have a photo, but there's a store that has a ray i'm considering getting, but i can't figure out what species it is. it's a juvenile (maybe about 6-8" plus tail), and it a blue-grey color, no markings, though the coloring is darker near the edges of the disc from what i recall. it has a lighter grey, or even cream-colored undercarriage.
anybody have a guess, or even able to point me to a comprehensive list with photos?

Thai

Members
What's the store and price they are asking? Without a picture it's hard to identify a lot of Rays, but the two the commonly pop up around here are reticulated which are referred to as teacups at a lot of places and motoros.

The retics are very hard to get to feed in tanks and are usually cheaper, in the low hundreds range, sometimes less. And motoros usually run under 200$

the store isn't local, but rather in northeast pa. i've seen reticulated and motoro rays and this looks different, no markings whatsoever. also, the price is lower. the store typically has pretty pedestrian stock but on rare occasion gets an uncommon thing or two at a a good price.

Vinh2o

Members
There is a possibility that this was a rescue. Give them a call and ask them the story behind the Ray and questions about the supplier. It can't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app