• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Funny Craigslist "Deals"

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Like some other folks here, I occasionally check out Craigslist to see if there are any deals to be found. From time to time, I see an offer so ridiculous that I have to share. (I have to resist the urge to reply to them and tell them they are idiots)

Go ahead and post them here. Since the links do not last (not because they get sold, because folks realize they're asking way too much and stop posting... or their sickly fish keel over), cut and paste the text and please remove any phone numbers or email addresses.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'll start:

Aquarium w/ 12 african cichlids $600 - $600 (Arlington)

Date: 2010-10-13, 7:42PM EDT

For Sale:
-40 gallon glass breeder tank, metal stand, light bar, glass tops
-a couple small Java Ferns
-2 backpack filters (Emperor 400s; these are oversized for the tank allowing more fish to be kept)
-12 assorted african cichlids, including:
8 leleupis
1 Livingstoni cichlid
1 electric blue
1 yellow pseudotropheus
1 Marlier's Julie cichlid

Can help deliver locally.

232323232%7Ffp63396%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C%3A4%3B%3B9%3C2348nu0mrj

Travis

Members
I love finding these listings! My favorites are the '10 gallons over 100 dollars', now that is priceless!

Travis

Members
10 gallon aquarium w/ everything! (Fish Tank) - $80

10 Gallon Aquarium

Water tight!

Includes:

Stand

Marineland Penguin 100 filter

Light Hood with two bulbs (one is 5000k for growing plants)

Thermometer sticker on side of tank

Gravel

Assorted plastic plants

Plastic castle

Cash only.

Will not travel (come pick it up!)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
COME PICK IT UP LOL! TAKE A FRIEND TO HOLD THE WATER YOU NEED IN A SUPER BIG GULP CUP! :D ID CHARGE HIM 20 TO DO A WATER CHANGE LMAOOOOOOOOOO

Gotta love the old "large fish tank" line. It says 3-4 hundred your thinking good deal on 150 gallon, then you click on and its a 55 gallon.

Nathan

Members
Large Aquarium w/stand - $150 (Frederick, MD)
http://frederick.craigslist.org/for/1997515969.html
Date: 2010-10-09, 2:10PM EDT

Large 75 gallon aquarium with metal stand for sale. The aquarium measurements are, 4' long, 1'6" tall, 1' wide. The stand measurements are, 2'8" tall, 4' long, 1' wide. The total height with the aquarium on the stand is 4'2". This aquarium was used to house a snake, which fit comfortably from baby size up to 7' long. This is the perfect setup for any small, medium, or large reptile. I will throw in the two heat lamps that I have, and the wired cage top as well. I think I may have some bark bedding left over also. If you want to use this for fish, you'll need to buy a top for it. I only have the wired top. I do not have any fish accessories. The aquarium can be used for fish, and has held water in it, so there are no leaks. It hasn't been cleaned out, so that's why the glass looks so hazy.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Large Aquarium w/stand - $150 (Frederick, MD)

Large 75 gallon aquarium with metal stand for sale. The aquarium measurements are, 4' long, 1'6" tall, 1' wide. .

— I make that to be about 40-45 gallons rather than 75.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Now here's a deal - marked down from $250!

We just upgraded to a 55 gallon tank and would like to sell our 29 gallon setup (NO STAND). We bought it brand new and is still in great condition. It ran for about a year. Setup comes with 29 gallon tank, background, hood, filter system, heater, waterfall bubbler and plants (no pump). We will also throw in the critter mesh top, for those who want to keep their options open for a reptile enclosure. (We want to sell everything together. Not piece by piece.) We used it for both. Was asking $250-now asking $190. New tank setups cost $400 or $500. This is a deal! Like new and in incredible condition! All you need is fish (or a snake)!

Two weeks ago I bought the same thing minus the heater for $10.

Chicklid

Members
Here's a good one:

Fish Aquarium Kit for first-timers/kids - $185 (Hamilton area Baltimore)

Kit Includes:

20 inch long, 10.5 inch wide, 12.5 inch tall Aquarium with lid that has built in lights and feeding door
recently cleaned

Accessories/decorations:
-glass stones of various sizes and colours
-rubber plants
-REAL conch shell

Equipment/chemicals & foods:
-Check Valve
-Air Stone
-Air Filter with spare Air Line Tubing
-2 Goldfish foods (premium and gourmet flakes)
-Bio-Safe Tap Water Detoxification Fluid (makes tap water good for all types of fish)

I'm willing to negotiate on the $185 especially if it's for your kid's first pet experience
trying to get rid of this ASAP as I am moving across country and am dead broke

you can email me or call (call preferred)
I am available afternoon- evening

(443) 869 4342 - my name is Ash

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Be hard pressed to pay that much at retail...

...I'll guess that she stays "dead broke".

Julie

Members
Old Fish Tank Ceramic CAstle
old fish tank ceramic castle
light green and redish-colors don't show because it is cloudy outside and the flash ruins them inside
very good condition

$20

picture was included...
3n63k63mb5V15Z65T3aaf60397c5ec0c81ea8.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
A steal at twice that!

Matt

Old Fish Tank Ceramic CAstle
old fish tank ceramic castle
light green and redish-colors don't show because it is cloudy outside and the flash ruins them inside
very good condition

$20

picture was included...
3n63k63mb5V15Z65T3aaf60397c5ec0c81ea8.jpg

verbal

CCA Members
Sounds like they have a lot of stuff they are trying to get full retail price for:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/for/2018724995.html

I am selling a 30 gallon long tank ( tank dimensions 36"L x 18"H X 12"D) with a black iron stand with a shelf on the bottom ($300 though I'm willing to consider other offers) This is a complete set-up that includes.

-30 gallon long tank
-black iron stand
-hood with light
-hang on back filter
-sand substrate
-assorted tank decorations (hiding for fishes, fake plant, etc)

Other things also included
-2 36" light strips
-10 gallon quarantine tank (with lid)
-light for 10 gallon tank (needs new bulb)
-food
-extra filter cartridges
-nets
-magnetic glass scrubber
-assorted tank chemicals and medicines
-air pumps
-water quality test strips
-aquarium sealant
-floating breeder tank
-etc.

This set up new would cost well over $1000 dollars. The hood and light alone cost me over $50 a couple months ago
The only thing this set-up doesn't have is a tank heater (a MUST for topical fish).