• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My 90 gallon Discus tank

Forester

Members
Wow! That tank's amazing! What your water change schedule like?

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MarkK

CCA Members
Very attractive tank, the Discus almost look fake--too pretty to be real.

You have 18 Discus and two Angels, what is your tank maintenance schedule like?

Thanks guys. 17 Discus right now and 2 Smokey blue angels. I do water changes every 3 days on this tank . 80 percent minimum. That's actually a 3D background. All my heaters and plumbing are hidden behind it. I use this tank to create breeding pairs. I have 5 breeding pairs right now and I have another 75 gallon tank I use for quarentine. I actually just got 7 new fish yesterday.

Beautiful and vibrant! What are you feeding them? Did you grow them out or got them at that size.

Thanks. I feed them mainly an assortment of Pellets and freeze dried black worms. Some of the checkerboard strains I grew from 4 inches. Some were already big. I don't like growing them anymore. It takes too much time. So I buy them bigger unless it's something special that I would actually try and grow out.

Forester

Members
Thanks guys. 17 Discus right now and 2 Smokey blue angels. I do water changes every 3 days on this tank . 80 percent minimum. That's actually a 3D background. All my heaters and plumbing are hidden behind it. I use this tank to create breeding pairs. I have 5 breeding pairs right now and I have another 75 gallon tank I use for quarentine. I actually just got 7 new fish yesterday.

Are your pairs producing for you? With that many pairs you could probably be overrun by discus fry :)

Did you make the background? It looks great!

Are your pairs producing for you? With that many pairs you could probably be overrun by discus fry :)

Did you make the background? It looks great!

I'm still in my early stages of breeding. I do have some confirmed pairs that had wrigglers. I'm still working on it. The background I got from Europe. I'm actually the first one in the USouth to have this background. A,few of my friends have it now too. They come in many designs.

These are my pairs I'm currently working with. All of them are from World Champion breederc Tony Tan.

Flora Snakeskins

Galaxy Turquoise

Altum Flora

Red Dragons

Fire Red/White

Forester

Members
Good luck on breeding them! When you do succeed you can document them for BAP points (Breeders Award Program). You may be the first in the club to breed them.

Where can one buy those backgrounds?

Good luck on breeding them! When you do succeed you can document them for BAP points (Breeders Award Program). You may be the first in the club to breed them.

Where can one buy those backgrounds?

Thanks man. Yeah hopefully I'll get some luck. I just gotta be patient. My galaxy pair actually have eggs right now. You can pm me for the background info. I don't want to just link pages in the forum. I don't think it's appropriate.

Thanks guys here are my new ones from yesterday. Courtesy of my friend master breeder Ricky Lim via way of First Coast Discus.

Altum stripe he's about 6.5 inches

Altum Carnation Male over 6 inches

Altum Carnation female 5.5 inches

Altum Carnation female 5 inches or so

Alpha blue 4.5

Rose Royalty 4

Alpha blue 4.5

Less than 48 hrs in so their colours are still kinda dull. These fish are awesome.

brunofraga

Members
Welcome to the Forum John, I'm happy to see you here hope you enjoy our group, for the people who doesn't John he is the owner of the discuselite.com forum.

FishEggs

i really like that Alpha Blue with the red eyes. Awesome.

those blue angels are cool too. do they swim in formation? lol