• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tank update

Termato

Board of Directors
Wooooa That's some AWESOME wood. Where'd you get it? Never seen them with that thick stuff at the bottom.

Jt731

Members
Quick tip if you want to dry start moss on those, you can blend moss with yogurt and paint it on the antlers

Quick tip if you want to dry start moss on those, you can blend moss with yogurt and paint it on the antlers

nice tip i would never have thought of that. how long after that process till its cool ready to go in the tank? dose any kind of moss work?

A few more pics from today showing some of the fish a bit better. One of these days I will take some pics with a dslr. There are a good amount of rainbows in the tank but not a great pic for them. Also hiding are the bn and royal plecos. The two geos are original pair I started with 6 months ago. Female deff has eggs in her mouth. Have uet to see free swimmers but they might be hatched already and wiggling

20160322_110328.jpg

20160322_110324.jpg

20160322_110313.jpg

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
That site you posted is CHEAP on wood, which is great! It is hard to find nice pieces like that for those prices! I will use them when I need more!

Jt731

Members
nice tip i would never have thought of that. how long after that process till its cool ready to go in the tank? dose any kind of moss work?

Yes any kind of moss... Typically you do it as a dry start, let it go a few weeks and when you see moss mist it a few times a day

E: I got this from George farmer when he addressed the AGA convention last year. If you scroll down in this link you will find his instructions
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/georges-tmc-signature.25103/page-12

Been a while update

https://youtu.be/Uoi_NJmgFzo

Made my first little video. It has been a while since I have been on the forum. I'm still looking for a place to move and life has been hectic. Fortunately all my fish have been doing alright. I lost one young severum from ick but the rest pulled through and are doing great.

This 75g has
5 geo. Steindachneri (very active and always spawning)
3 heros. Effaticus or something along those lines (wild caught from Jeff rapps)
3 bn plecos and one royal

Aqua scape is suffering, but the fish don't care much. I'm just so excited that they seem to be doing great. I have not been giving them their usual attention with everything that's been going on.

Might upload a video of my 20g with apistos later. Thanks for waching ya'll, can't wait to get back into full swing.