• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb: filtration

Acpape0

Members
I am looking to beef up my filtration on my 125... Open to larger canister filters and possibly another sump. Sump must include overflows and pump. I am pretty open, just looking to beef up my current system in perpetration for tank upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Acpape0

Members
I already have a 200 gallon rated sump and 2 ac 110s on the 125... Upgrade is probably going to be a 72x30x24 240 gallon .... I live by the standard of the more filtration the better so I am pretty open , canisters I prefer fluval eheim, and sunsun, would be open to try marineland or odyssea also.only requirement in sump is they have to fit in half a 125 stand ( current sump takes up the other half)

zifnab

Banned
word of advice, stay away from the marineland canisters, especially the 360. notorious for pulling in air. I have 3 and all throw air to some extent.

1badmarine

I already have a 200 gallon rated sump and 2 ac 110s on the 125... Upgrade is probably going to be a 72x30x24 240 gallon .... I live by the standard of the more filtration the better so I am pretty open , canisters I prefer fluval eheim, and sunsun, would be open to try marineland or odyssea also.only requirement in sump is they have to fit in half a 125 stand ( current sump takes up the other half)

Well, I have Fluval 304,305,(2)404,405 and a Rena XP4

I also have a 40g sump with refugium and overflow box. Overflow box is a brand new eshopps PF1800 and the sump is an eshopps

creepyoldguy

Members
Acpape0 I really like the xp4 for bio only. You can usually find them pretty cheap and they hold a lot of media w 4 (I think) baskets. That is, if you're looking for more bio media

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dogofwar

CCA Members
How do you use it for bio only? Pre-filter?

Matt

Acpape0 I really like the xp4 for bio only. You can usually find them pretty cheap and they hold a lot of media w 4 (I think) baskets. That is, if you're looking for more bio media

creepyoldguy

Members
How do you use it for bio only? Pre-filter?

Matt

Fill the baskets w rings or a a rock or whatever your choice of be media media you choose a land let it alone. I never ran any mechanical in my xp filters. Imo flow wasn't good enough to justify when you can have an fx5 (6).

creepyoldguy

Members
Dogofwar I eventually got away from canisters when I got into rays but I, like everyone else, liked to over filter. So I typically ran an xp4 and fx5 on my tanks. Xp4 was all bio that never got touched and the fx5 was part bio and my mechanical which I cleaned when necessary. I filled fha xp4 up w as many rings as I could fit and did t touch it. And it had no pads so I doubt you could even call it a pre filter lol