• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB decapsulated brine shrimp eggs

MonteSS

Members
Anyone have a little bag they can sell and send me? Any other fry food too I can try for new fry?

Thanks....Bill

toddnbecka

Members
You can decap them yourself easily enough, are you going to feed them direct or hatch them? Only difference is temp, use ice cube/s with the bleach solution if you want to hatch them after decapping. Have you looked into golden pearls?

Localzoo

Board of Directors
You can decap them yourself easily enough, are you going to feed them direct or hatch them? Only difference is temp, use ice cube/s with the bleach solution if you want to hatch them after decapping. Have you looked into golden pearls?

Go on....I've read about decapsulating but never hatching afterwards.
Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

toddnbecka

Members
You use bleach and water to decap, but if you want to hatch after decapping (supposed to increase hatch rate) use an ice cube in the bleach solution. Otherwise the heat generated by the chemical reaction will kill the embryo.

MonteSS

Members
I have fed the decap directly to fry in the past with good results.

Never tried the pearls.

I can hatch my own BBS but its a pita.

Just lookin for someone to sell me a couple ounces of the decap and maybe some pearls to try.