• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stacked 40 Breeder Build

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I took the day off today to stay home with the kids from school. I decided it would be a good time to swap out a 29/20 long combo with stacked 40 breeders.

Here is the original set up (already starting to drain):

Original Set Up.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I picked up some of the Edsal shelves after seeing them in use in Verbal's fish room build thread. I added some cross bracing to add lateral support:

New Tanks in Place.jpg

Cross Bracing.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Starting to fill the tanks...

I divided both tanks with pre-made dividers that I picked up from Kensfish.

Starting to Fill.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Here are the tanks in place and up and running.

Right now I have stocked it with a pair of a. siquia Rio Cabayo and a pair of cryptoheros myrnae in the top tank (one in each half) and a pair of a. kanna Rio Robalo in the bottom tank. I'm trying to figure out which pair to move into the other half of the tank.

Up and Running.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I think you should relocate the myrnae to my house and free up even more space. :D. Or just breed them and sell me the fry.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Shane

Members
Jon,
Looks good and I like the added brace. On my similar set up I raised the bottom tank a bit higher for easier maintenance and under storage and added the top shelf for even more on top storage. I then added the access covers to finish it off. Stand is in the back, left corner.
-Shane

DSC_0764.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I stuck to only half of the shelf unit. I didn't want to get too high off the ground for the top tank. There is plenty of room to access the bottom tank. Still not sure if I want to Tru to close off between the tanks or just leave them as they are.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thinking of buying 1 of those units. Will it fit 3 40B's and what is the max height you can set the lowest shelf off of the floor with a tank on it? All of my bottom tanks lower edge are a minimum of 12"+ off the floor. I despise anything lower than that. Also was thinking of a 65gl on the bottom with a 40B above. Anyone with experience with that set-up?
Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

verbal

CCA Members
Thinking of buying 1 of those units. Will it fit 3 40B's and what is the max height you can set the lowest shelf off of the floor with a tank on it? All of my bottom tanks lower edge are a minimum of 12"+ off the floor. I despise anything lower than that. Also was thinking of a 65gl on the bottom with a 40B above. Anyone with experience with that set-up?
Thoughts and ideas appreciated.

I think they are 6 feet high. I think 2 levels with a 65 with a 40 breeder for the top tank would work well. I think to triple stack - you either have to go below 12" on the bottom tank and/or use 30 breeders.