• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

beaten peacock

frankoq

Members
I rearranged decorations in my tank in preparation for new fish from Aquamania. I added 5 new guys to my tank and one got beaten up pretty badly. Thanks to the snow day, I stayed home and was working near the tank. All of a sudden, I see this guy swimming upside down... not even swimming but drifting.

I immediately put him in a fish box while I set up the hospital 10g tank.

He looked bad. pectoral fins all shredded and he has skin damage on one side. he was semi swimming upside down.
I put him in the hospital tank and started swimming erratic and up side down for a while. I put Melafix and left him there.
An hour later, I was expecting to find him dead, but he was still ALIVE!
he is swimming better and staying at the bottom of the tank.
I'll keep an eye on water conditions.
Anything else I can do for him?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You're off to a good start. Keep the lights off and let him try to heal. Regular water changes will help. Hope he pulls through.

lkelly

Members
So he was in a 72 along with 8 others of the same species (similar sized, 3 of them female) and a 5" Red Zebra plus a 4.5" Christmas Fulu. The Zebra likes to hide in his cave when you walk by and definitely ran the tank, but not much aggression. It could have been the group of 9 that helped spread things out. There was no conspecific aggression at all.

Can you tell who the offenders were? Let me know if he pulls through. Pulling for him!

frankoq

Members
So he was in a 72 along with 8 others of the same species (similar sized, 3 of them female) and a 5" Red Zebra plus a 4.5" Christmas Fulu. The Zebra likes to hide in his cave when you walk by and definitely ran the tank, but not much aggression. It could have been the group of 9 that helped spread things out. There was no conspecific aggression at all.

Can you tell who the offenders were? Let me know if he pulls through. Pulling for him!

BTW, I think your post above was for someone else. I don't have a Christmas fulu or a 5'' red zebra. There are no females in my tank.

frankoq

Members
He made it thru the night and is breathing better. No erratic or upside down swimming.

9ACB5B92-F99A-4918-B4F1-B69A8D8243EA_zps5ylkysju.jpg

frankoq

Members
Day 2: still with us. Not eating but he seems to be in recovery mode.
water changed and meds continue.

lkelly

Members
He's going to come back a lean, mean, fighting machine and kill everything in your big tank. Just for kicks, he might kill you too. But that's only if you call him Francis or touch any of his stuff.