• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquarium fish international

rsretep

Members
Got a notice in the mail that this magazine will publi****s last copy in September due to printing and delivery costs. More bad news for the hobby, luckily I recently subscribed to TFH.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Not only that but subscribers (myself included) are having the rest of the value of our subscriptions subbed for a magazine about dogs. Didn't know there was a correlation between aquarium mag readers and dog mag readers.

Sent from my DROIDX

chriscoli

Administrator
That seems a bit presumptuous. I'm having something similar happen to me with a mag from one of my other hobbies....at least they're offering a subscription to a different but similar mag or a book on the same topic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

turfboss

Members
Am going back to them to ask for a refund on the balance of my subscription - which is half the year - I don't need nor want a dog magazine - as Chris noted maybe a suggestion to them that there are other better choices for Aquarium subscribers than a dog magazine. I think if enough of us ask for a refund that may get us one - or at worst perhaps a choice of some other useful magazine - will see what kind (if any) response I get.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
My guess is that the publisher also publishes the dog magazine so they are offering their only other pet magazine. Try to get a refund but my guess is a company that isn't making money is going to have a hard time sending anyone a check.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Leffler817

CCA Members
I used to have a subscription to AFI but I switched to something more cichlid oriented.I liked AFI but always thought they could add more pictures.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
That is a bummer. Never subscribed, but would pick them up from time-to-time. Between the internet and the economy, it's been pretty tough being in the specialty magazine business lately.