• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ken's Fish Food Advice

skanda

Members
Hello,

I am planning on ordering flake food online through Ken's fish food. Has anyone have experience ordering from this site? if so can you recommmend some good quality food types. I am looking for food for tropical fish eg (severums, white clouds, kribs) and for malawi cichlids. What types would you recommend?

Is the quality very diffierent from other sites like that fish place? I am planning to buy in bulk, so it will last for a while. So it has to be the best stuff:)

Any reviews will be appreciated

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I am a huge fan of Ken's. I use his cichlid flake and earthworm flake for New World stuff and they tear it up. I also like his pellet food. In addition to Xtreme, Kens I'd pretty much all I feed.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mchambers

Former CCA member
I like Ken's food, but don't really know if it's the best. It's certainly good value for the $, but it tends to include wheat flour and the like, and I don't know the quality of the fish meal used in making the food.

You will get a lot of responses saying that New Life Spectrum is the best, and it certainly seems to have good ingredients (whole fish meal, relatively small amounts of starches).

I like http://www.almostnaturaltropicalfishfood.com/, but it is more expensive than Ken's.

You might look at this old thread:

http://www.capitalcichlids.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12923&highlight=food&page=2

Note that WendyFish raised the excellent question of why folks like the food they like. It's unfortunately largely a subjective matter.

ezrk

Members
We feed a mix of Ken's flake and NLS pellets. Except for the tropheus who only eat Ken's flake.

We like the mix of food types as, we think, it gives all the fist a better chance at the food and a more varied diet.

Ken's is generally a great place to order from with most things arriving pretty quickly in the area just using basic shipping.