• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Eheim 2213, 29 gallon tank, stand

Becca

Members
interested in OEBT shrimp? I might have a couple. They won't hybridize with cherries or blue pearls

They might be too touchy for my tastes - I like my shrimp tanks to be EASY :p. The blue pearls I want to diversify my breeding pop, not really looking to start breeding a new kind of shrimp.

Raven20

Members
I get that...but these items have been on here for a couple of weeks...Isn't money all the same though? don't you think a "non member" kind of frowns upon that? that makes me not want to be a member. There's only a few members who do this, I've bought and sold a lot of stuff to paid members, they really didn't care if I was a paid member or not. I think the few who do this think their above the non members. I'm sure Rebecca would have liked to sell her items 2 weeks ago. This is 1 of the main reason I'm not a paid member...it's not the $20...I just frown upon this kind of situation..

Last edited:

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'm sure Becca doesn't think she's above the non-members. I know that wasn't my thinking when I made the bio-bags free to members. I was thinking it is a good thing to encourage folks to join the club, because we all get so much out of it.

If you can't understand that way of thinking, I don't know what else to say.

Raven20

Members
I'm sure I'm not the only "non member" that feels this way...I really don't think this practice is to encouraging.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Her for sale thread is not the place for this discussion! Address this in the correct section of the forum. The "why" behind the price bump is readily apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Becca

Members
I'm sure I'm not the only "non member" that feels this way...I really don't think this practice is to encouraging.

Gee, thanks for hijacking my thread and trying to make me out to be a villain.

I offer discounts to members because I'm willing to take a little bit of a hit for people who've helped the club continue to host speakers, rent meeting space, and put on fabulous events like Aquamania. I think most non-members don't have a problem with this, particularly since they get to share in the benefits listed above - that's right, non-members can come to meetings, buy items at auctions, etc. in the space that membership dues have paid for.

I also hope it encourages others to become members when they see that their $20 per year membership readily pays off.

As for why I haven't dropped prices - these items are already priced fairly at below what I paid for them and I don't need them gone - I have storage space.

You can ask pretty much anyone who's ever bought anything from me - I under charge (especially for livestock) and don't sell things that are in bad shape.

Bottom line - if you have an issue, PM and ask people to explain themselves, don't make accusations of snobbery.

Eheim and metal stand are still available.

Wood stand is pending pick up at next meeting.

If you have a fair offer and can pick up from Damascus, MD or at next meeting, PM me.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Gee, thanks for hijacking my thread and trying to make me out to be a villain.

I offer discounts to members because I'm willing to take a little bit of a hit for people who've helped the club continue to host speakers, rent meeting space, and put on fabulous events like Aquamania. I think most non-members don't have a problem with this, particularly since they get to share in the benefits listed above - that's right, non-members can come to meetings, buy items at auctions, etc. in the space that membership dues have paid for.

I also hope it encourages others to become members when they see that their $20 per year membership readily pays off.

As for why I haven't dropped prices - these items are already priced fairly at below what I paid for them and I don't need them gone - I have storage space.

You can ask pretty much anyone who's ever bought anything from me - I under charge (especially for livestock) and don't sell things that are in bad shape.

Bottom line - if you have an issue, PM and ask people to explain themselves, don't make accusations of snobbery.

Wood stand is pending pick up at next meeting.

If you have a fair offer and can pick up from Damascus, MD or at next meeting, PM me.

Becca is a awesome and not just her but other members as well. She def under charges she was giving away plecos to those who got memberships.
Other members occasionally give things away or ask for favors or trades in return.
As for membership goes it take time and money to keep up a "free website" get speakers, rent meeting spaces out, etc. for the most part you can usually give and offer and the worst a person can say is no, or just not respond.

Lets plz stop so this thread doesn't get closed.

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app