• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2 Large Albino britlenose male and 1 female trouble!!

Gokuson4

Members
Hi everyone, was wondering what I need to do with these new arrival albino bristle nose pleco's that I just received from my uncle. The two males are about 5-6" and are fighting in my 55 gallon tank and should I split them up? Problem is, I dont know which has paired up w/ the female..full belly at about 4"?? Any help would be very appreciated..thanks!!

verbal

CCA Members
The pairs that BNs form aren't very strong. Keep the male in there that is the best looking and move the other one. They pair will likely spawn in a few days if the female is gravid.

chriscoli

Administrator
Are you providing the males with their own (2 or more) spawning caves to defend?

Usually, if they have their own territories, they will be ok....and in a 55, it seems like that should be more than enough if the caves are placed far apart.

That being said, I have seen where even though two males had their own territories, sometimes one would still insist on challenging the other for a particular cave.