• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: FEMALE Dicrossus maculatus

Becca

Members
I'm beginning to strongly suspect that my female D.mac is actually a filamentosus... SIGH.

If anyone has a female swimming around that they're willing to part with, can you let me know what you want for her? Even if my girl is a maculatus, these guys supposedly breed better in harems anyway.

I know this isn't a fish many (if any) club members are keeping, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Becca

Members
Not when I checked yesterday. Jeff Michels has pairs. I got my pair from Rapps, but I am pretty sure my female has red pelvic and anal fins now that she's fully colored. They might qualify as orange, but they definitely are not yellow.

Becca

Members
Bump.

Neither Jeff has any as of today - LOL.

Am I really the only club member keeping these cuties?

Becca

Members
o'm'gosh, o'm'gosh, o'm'gosh!!!

Girlfriend must've gotten wind that I was trying to replace her. Those dang red pelvic fins are looking yellow-orange, rimmed with black, and her ovipositor is out... The male has gotten dark with tons of red and vivid blue squiggles on his face. His eyes are flashing blue, too.

I don't know what changed... I did put a bag of peat in the tank a few days ago when I moved the chocolate gouramis to the 29 (D. hysignon was beating on them) and today I put 1.5 cups of saturated salt solution in the tank (less than 1 tsp per gallon) to soften the water a little. FINGERS ARE CROSSED, though it's awfully hard to type this way.

Becca

Members
In my albums there are some from a few months ago, but I can't take pics at night, flash
causes issues.