• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bitten By The Cichlid Hobby

rpitonyak

Members
Hello Everyone,

My name is Richard and I am 34 years old living in Southern Maryland with a wife and 3 children. My wife and I have recently gotten back into the Cichlid hobby and have been bitten bad!!! However, there is no local fish store closer than 70 miles. We were recently informed about this association by Sara at the House of Tropicals in Glen Burnie. We are very impressed with the wealth of knowledge and events that are available in these forms. For now, we have 3 cichlid tanks (see below) and plan on starting a fish room for breeding in the near future. I hope to meet many of you at some of the upcoming meetings and events.

4' 75 Gallon Show Tank
  • (2) German Red
  • (3) Sunshine
  • (1) Flavescent
  • (2) Sulfer Heads
  • (2) Eureka Reds
  • (2) Regal Blues
  • (2) Lemon Jakes
  • (1) Strawberry
  • (1) Red Dragon
  • (1) Venustis
  • (1) 6 Stripe Frontosa
  • (1) Yellow Calvus
4' 55 Gallon
  • (1) Electric Blue Jack Dempsey
  • (1) Regular Jack Dempsey
  • (1) Firemouth
  • (1) Black Convict
  • (1) Electric Blue Acara
  • (6) Tiger Barbs
  • (1) Pleco
  • (1) Blue Lobster
56 Gallon Column Mbuna Tank
  • (4) Electric Yellow
  • (2) Red Zebra
  • (1) Brichardi
  • (1) Red Saddle Tropheus
  • (2) Blue Acei
  • (2) Hongi
  • (2) Demasoni
  • (1) White top Afra
  • (2) Yellow Afra
  • (2) Cobalt Blues
  • (2) Electric Blue Johannis
  • (1) Bumblebee

Leffler817

CCA Members
Welcome to our forum. Glad you found us, you should try to make it to one of our meetings. Usually we meet on the 2nd Saturday of the month but it's delayed in April to the 18th. We meet in Silver Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Spine

Members
Richard, I'm sorry I wasn't able to read about your injury earlier. I would have advised you to apply a tourniquet 1-2 inches away on both sides of the bite too reduce spreading of the venom and,get to a psychiatrist immediately.

It's coming up to almost 24 hours later, I would assume that its now in your central nervous system and spread to all your vital organs. I'm not a doctor but I would say you're a goner. Since you really have nothing to lose at this point. If I were you I'd put fish into any and everything in the house that can hold water.

I apologize for being Debby Downer with all the bad news but CCA will stand by your side as you slide into the abyss. To end on a good note. I hear The House of Tropical's provides excellent aftercare service for terminal patients like you. They're a CCA sponsor as well so it's affordable also:D

rpitonyak

Members
Thank you very much everyone for the replies. That was a great reply Spine! Hopefully I will get to posting some pictures this weekend. I am glad to see a fellow Southern Maryland hobbyist on these forums.......gravel_digger. I hope to meet some of you in the near future.