• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Guys

Tangcollector

Staff member
I'm not a Tang guy, but they look pretty cool. What kind of fish are they?
They are Lepidiolamprologus Nkambae. I have kept singles many times and found them not to be a real threat to anything that won't fit in their mouths. But to each other they can be real nasty. Oh and they hate Julies also. Must be the body shape and markings. I would really like to breed them but everyone says I will end up with one. I have six and they are about 3".

Tangcollector

Staff member
Update

Ok so started with 6, down to 4. First one died with in 48 hours. No markings or split fins. I have read where they don't do well with stress so I chalked it up to the stress of moving. I found another one on the floor. I thought the tank was sealed pretty tight. I did not imagine a 3" fish could blow through the lid on the tank. That is the only explanation due to where the fish was. I have weighted down the lids. The remaining fish look great and are eating great. Some aggression but nothing insane yet. Let's hope this is the end of losses for a while.