• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

180 gallon update

Acpape0

Members
I just upgraded my 125 to a 180, current stock is all juveniles silver arowana, geophagus altifrons, a jack Dempsey ( long story), and a albino oscar. This is not there forever tank, upgrades will come as the aro grows. The drift wood is out of a local stream that I fly fish in. The substrate is pool filter sand. Filtration is a sump with a mag 18, 2 ac 110s, eheim 2217, and a fluval 305.
Forgive the cloudy water it was after I fed the fish.

I am thinking of adding in some java ferns and low light plants but I am apprehensive to do so with the geos

Feed back is appreciated

http://youtu.be/pyvHXwwTNe8

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I had a 90 with eartheaters and PFS. You can do plants, but its easiest if you use certain methods. Java fern is good because you can tie it to rocks or driftwood, same with anubias. I had several potted plants in my tank, I just covered the base with rocks to hide the pot. I can't imagine you'll have much luck trying to root the plants and expect them to stay, unless you cover the base so the roots can't be dug out.

Acpape0

Members
No such thing as to much ...lol.
I am thinking of turning both ac 110 into holders for those pothos plants. "Nitrate filters " Anyone tried some thing like that ...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

greekz

Members
Water is super clear those geos are nice. What other fish you plan on adding? I just ordered three flagtail's I read they go well with arowanas