• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: 265 gallon

Raven20

Members
I'm seeing if there is any interest here. I'm selling my 265 gallon tank and stand (Not a Show Tank) scratches on the glass..but holds water..glass tops...FX5...Heater....PFS and Rocks. The fish are already sold and 2 of the FX 5's (Olzkool) . PM me any offers....Tank 7x2x31"H

Thanks

YSS

Members
Just curious. What makes a tank show tank vs. not? A few scratches on the tank doesn't make it a show tank? From the picture, the tank looks good enough to be a show tank. Just wondering ... :)

blkmjk

Members
Good question. I would agree with the seller. Scratches on the front glass detract from the value. To me a show tank would be a case where I would offer close to new price. IMO. Otherwise half of new is my starting point.

Drew

frankoq

Members
Just curious. What makes a tank show tank vs. not? A few scratches on the tank doesn't make it a show tank? From the picture, the tank looks good enough to be a show tank. Just wondering ... :)

glass condition.
a few minor scratches might be ok.
a few deep scratches might not.

Raven20

Members
IMO...A show tank would be in pristine condition, Anyone can stop by and check it out if they wish.

toddnbecka

Members
Is the small step stool included? lol. Tempting to replace my 125 with that one, but it's such a pain to get the 7 footers into the house and down the basement stairs.

toddnbecka

Members
I put my 220 on a couple of 8' 2x4's with small blocks nailed to the ends and slid it slowly down the stairs. Sooo much safer than carrying it down, just had to hold it back from moving too fast. Worst part was taking off the back door and the door at the top of the steps to fit the tank and stand through.

Raven20

Members
Thank God I was able to bring it in thru the sliding back doors in the basement, it wouldn't fit down the steps. $500 OBO