• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sub-dominant Male or Female Blue Dolphin?

manbern

Members
Hello All! Two weeks ago I purchased a Blue Dolphin from KG Tropicals, and my wife absolutely fell in love with it, and wanted another one! So, being the people pleaser I am ;), I went back KGT and bought another one!

The first dolphin I bought is definitely the dominant one. And the second one has dark blue blotches in his body. I've never owned BD's before, so my questions are: Are these blotches are a sign of sub-dominance? Or is it possible that this may be a female? And lastly (and I hope this is definitely NOT the case), could he/she be sick?? Please take a look at these pics and let me know what you think. Please forgive the bad photgraphing (from my iPhone). I intend to buy a better quality camera. If you check out my other thread, I'm asking for suggestions about a good quality but relatively inexpensive camera. Thanks in advance!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

manbern

Members
I wouldn't believe it was sick.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yeah, I don't believe he's/she's sick. He/she is a hungry pig! One of the first ones to the front of the aquarium when I walk by, until the other dolphin chases him/her away. If the blotches stay, I'll name him/her Patches O' Houlihan, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app