• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

fischfan13

Banned
For Pete sakes, how about a thread where no one is whining...

It was supposed to rain all day in the Jersey Shore, but the sun was out and it was one of the nicest days of the year.
See?

Smile.:)

fischfan13

Banned

No Sam, what is being "demonstrated" by my thread is that what was suppose to be a bad rainy day turned out to be a nice sunny day.
Smile
You rolled out of bed this morning on your own two legs, opened your own two eyes and walked to the bathroom...something a lot of people cannot do.
Smile.
You picked up some great fish today.
Smile.
Who cares that you were in traffic, who cares that you refuse to be social and join Facebook or any other internet forum (other than some forum that is located on the East Coast :)).
Smile.
That guy who collected your toll today is making a salary to go home and feed and diaper his kids.
Smile.

Get it?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Oh I get it alright...

...except for the part about "bad rainy day" - I like the rain.

Wow. I make one nakedly sarcastic remark about the NJ TurnpIke which as it so happens, turns out to represent 20 years of your professional career and you're going to presume to give me a public lesson in how to act/think and what's wrong with my attitude? And imply that I'm ungrateful/oblivious to the miracle of Creation and being alive as well as being anti-social because I won't join Facebook (which as far as I know is a personal decision)?! While I'm guilty of being sarcastic (which I erroneously thought you appreciated given your penchant for dishing it out) I endeavor not to be condescending. Good luck with that.

Just for the record, the minor miscarriage of 'public service' I experienced today on the roadway has nothing to do with the people that work in the booths (more a civil engineering issue), each of whom I greeted with a "smile" and a cheery word as I do all public servants, cashiers, cabbies, handymen, postal employees and others whom generally labor without distinction. Disingenuously using them as some sort of justification for the larger issue implies that no one should criticize any aspect of anything that employs people - Auschwitz springs to mind, along with coal-fired power plants and much else.

So yes, I get it. And I'll smile when I d*mn well please.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Master Carlin is always appreciated.

And it's true: I always try and go with "over" rather than 'under' or 'the lack of' in the context of "thoughtfulness" every time. To thine own self...

fischfan13

Banned
You two fighting or playing?

Fighting.

After Saturdays meeting Sam told me that Northern NJ Pizza was awful, taking this as the ultimate insult I reached into his jacket pocket and tore out pages 256-282 of his Roget's Thesaurus.
Sam then countered by telling me that I had a hair out of place and my goatee was uneven. I then rushed to his house and hid Volumes IV and XII of his rare 1976 Encyclopaedia Britannica that was personally signed by Jimmy Carter and Queen Elizabeth.
But the last straw was when Sam told me that I could not make a pot of sauce and that my meatballs were like golf balls, this precipitated me to go to the DC Library and have his library card revoked.:D

verbal

CCA Members
Fighting.

After Saturdays meeting Sam told me that Northern NJ Pizza was awful, taking this as the ultimate insult I reached into his jacket pocket and tore out pages 256-282 of his Roget's Thesaurus.
Sam then countered by telling me that I had a hair out of place and my goatee was uneven. I then rushed to his house and hid Volumes IV and XII of his rare 1976 Encyclopaedia Britannica that was personally signed by Jimmy Carter and Queen Elizabeth.
But the last straw was when Sam told me that I could not make a pot of sauce and that my meatballs were like golf balls, this precipitated me to go to the DC Library and have his library card revoked.:D

oh the brutality lol

YSS

Members
Oh-oh, sounds real serious. However, your indepth knowledge of Roget's Thesaurus and Encyclopeida Britanica is scaring me. :)

kaj41354

Members
Fighting.

Let's see, I dont think NJ pizza is Awful just second to Chicago so I disagree with both of you!

I can't believe you had a hair out of place (unless the spray can of lacquer was empty Saturday morning) and Sam his goatee is always straight - it's his head thats uneven.

I will not comment on your meat or golf balls

I am amazed though that someone from Jersey could spell or use the Britannica or Thesaurus! :fighting0097:

fischfan13

Banned
Let's see, I dont think NJ pizza is Awful just second to Chicago so I disagree with both of you!

I can't believe you had a hair out of place (unless the spray can of lacquer was empty Saturday morning) and Sam his goatee is always straight - it's his head thats uneven.

I will not comment on your meat or golf balls

I am amazed though that someone from Jersey could spell or use the Britannica or Thesaurus! :fighting0097:

Here we go, now someone has gotten my Woppollock up!

Chicago?
Pizza?
Not even.

As for my hair, I just re-upped on the 5 gallon bucket of pomade...should be good for 2 weeks. I seriously should show a picture of me about 20 years ago, clean shaven, much better looking and hair that was hurricane-tested.

Spelling?
Dear Kurt, you should know by now that I am a spelling-Nazi.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Resolved: The best pizza is from Italy ;)

Matt

Here we go, now someone has gotten my Woppollock up!

Chicago?
Pizza?
Not even.

As for my hair, I just re-upped on the 5 gallon bucket of pomade...should be good for 2 weeks. I seriously should show a picture of me about 20 years ago, clean shaven, much better looking and hair that was hurricane-tested.

Spelling?
Dear Kurt, you should know by now that I am a spelling-Nazi.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSS
You two fighting or playing?

More like aligning. Fighting is much uglier, and only really happens in person.

Fighting.

Actually the word I used was "abomination" and I was referring to simply Northern New Jersey, can't say about the pizza, doubtless it's divine. The tearing out pages part is true (I lifted his wallet while he was thus engaged) except that it was actually a copy of the Upanishads rather than a Thesaurus (which I just now found out is not a loquacious and now extinct dinosaur).

I suppose that a comment about having a "wild hair up one's a**" could be construed as implying that one was out of place, but don't quite know how, "You seem a little uneven, something got your goat?" got interpreted as a comment about personal hygiene. The retribution does however explain why my very elderly neighbors were in such a state Sunday morning and going on about "stolen books". The paramedics said it was just a panic attack, nothing too serious.

Just for the record, I would never comment about anyone's balls - meat, golf or otherwise. There are limits you know. Like library cards - where I come from (where people still read) they're considered sacrosanct, same as messing with a man's discus or water quality. I mean if things like that are allowed, where does it end? By the way, anyone want a set of Jersey plates or some used differential oil? Have a used pink Barbie wallet I'd trade for a library card as well.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Does your club do a pre-auction list for this weekend?

Trying to decide whether it's worth the trip. ECC was almost all Africa this Spring, and a day is a precious thing to spend on the highways.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
:happy0007: I don't care who you are ---that's funny. Sounds like I missed a good one.

Life is never boring around either of those two. I'm happy to be able to refer to them both as friends.

kaj41354

Members
Trying to decide whether it's worth the trip. ECC was almost all Africa this Spring, and a day is a precious thing to spend on the highways.

Any pre-reg I get are going to be posted on here on ECC on our Forum and on our facebook page. We expect to get quite a variety based on those people who have said they will be there.