• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Couple pics of my 265

Thai

Members
They they slow down in growth by then. I'll be moving to Miami writhing the year and they will all come with me and I'll build a pond down there for them

blkmjk

Members
Really awesome setup. I love the whole look. I personally would be more concerned about the dovii than I would be the red tail cat. I need a 265 in my life.

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
RTC's gonna eat the umbee...and anything else he can cram into his mouth.

I saw a 18" or so RTC inhale a foot long oscar. It basically just sucked it into its gaping maw and closed its mouth - An amazing predator but not something I'd trust with anything that I valued!

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Unbelievable setup! Thanks for posting the pics.

Will be sorry to have you leave... definitely keep in touch after you move. :)

I saw a 18" or so RTC inhale a foot long oscar. It basically just sucked it into its gaping maw and closed its mouth - An amazing predator but not something I'd trust with anything that I valued!

Matt

+1 I had one that slowly chewed through my whole tank. If it was to big he just ate more little ones until the bigger one fit in his mouth. I woke up several times to a rtc so bloated he could hardly swim. Honestly thought he was going to pop several times. Unbelievable appetite and growth rate. Always wondered why they got cheaper as they got bigger then realized the expense of feeding and housing them explains it all!!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Members

Matt

I was just a about to say "my money's on that umbee getting eaten sooner or later!"

-Rich

blkmjk

Members
I had one get 14" before I realized that it wasn't going to go anywhere good. Definitely a good decision on my part to rehome it.. How does the Baltimore aquarium keep a 4' RTC in with those smaller fish?

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
I think that the RTC at the national Aquarium is like 40 years old...and really well fed. I'd bet that he's eaten his share of severums and other fish over the years, though :)

Matt

Thai

Members
That's the smaller of the two, the larger more colorful one I came home one day and he was dead, no marks on him whatsoever don't know how he died. That was when they were about 4", this one is about 7" now and thick

image.jpg

SpacejamsPR

Members
That's the smaller of the two, the larger more colorful one I came home one day and he was dead, no marks on him whatsoever don't know how he died. That was when they were about 4", this one is about 7" now and thick

Well bro i have another real nice one that deff a keeper if you want i think ill just give it to you & here your male brothers showing how nice they can be

http://youtu.be/FMEQ5pFKW08

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app