• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FX5 Canister

rich_one

Members
I have an FX5 canister sitting in my garage. It is the canister only... no motor. It has everything... the canister, baskets... I even think there's media in there (haven't opened it in several months). There are also hoses. No clamps, though. This can be had very cheap, or trade. Make me an offer.

Also have a fully working FX5. Only issue right now, is it tends to slow leak, and I have not been able to get that resolved. Motor is still under warranty with Hagen. They just keep wanting to send me another motor, instead of entire unit, and I'm just tired of playing the game. Maybe you can fix it easily... I'm not the handy man type. I'm not ready to get rid of yet, per se... trying to find a replacement solution first, such as a sump of some sort or something... but I am willing to trade it for such, if someone might be interested. Sump has to be able to power a 125 gallon tank.

-Rich

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Where's the leak coming from? Couldn't you take the motor off the leaky unit and put it on the unit with no motor?

rich_one

Members
Where's the leak coming from? Couldn't you take the motor off the leaky unit and put it on the unit with no motor?
Tried that a while ago. This has been going on for some months now, and I have just stopped running the FX5 and have been using AC110s, while I decide what to do next. I might send it back to Hagen, but just tired of trading motors with them. I asked them if I can just send them the entire unit, and they just send me back an entire unit that doesn't leak... even if its the same unit, and I'm just doing something wrong.

For whatever reason, they have not embraced that idea.

I have tried sealing the oring with olive oil, to no avail. I almost tried to seal the dang thing with silicone out of frustration! LOL...

-Rich

rich_one

Members
Got a tip on how to seal the oring on the FX5 with the motor, so I'm going to try that this weekend, and re-evaluate then. In the meantime, the canister that does not have the motor is still available.

-Rich