• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Beltway Aquarium Store

kevin911

Members
Weird most my buys from there doesn't do so well, I almost bought a clearly blind fish on one eye, he looks at it and said it's normal lol.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Members
So we should accept him being an *******, until he deems us worthy? That's laughable to me. I'm not saying customers should go there and be idiots, however. But it seems to me that a business would want to get the customer to return. A couple of years ago, I called Richard and asked him if he had a specific fish, in a specific sex. On the phone he told me yes. I told him great, I am coming all the way from Waldorf, so I wanted to make sure. This is when he was in Riverdale. I get to his store, and he points to the tanks where they are with hardly a word. I go to the tanks, and they are filled with dozens of stressed fish, impossible to determine the sex. I ask for his assistance, and he literally tells me he can't help me. I remind him I am the one that spoke to him on the phone, and asked for this specific fish in this specific sex, which he said he had, and his reply to me was its up to me to figure it out.

Wow.

Robin did her best to help me (I ended up with a male). It was the last time I bought a fish there until I got the argentae last summer (after haggling over the price like I was buying a car). I don't anticipate returning, but I guess you never know. Customer service, no matter what you are selling, accounts for something, imo.

-Rich

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Rich and Robin know me. Every time I go in they are nice and helpful to me. He is also the only LFS that will haggle on prices. There maybe clutter but he offers alot that you cant get anywhere else. Most of my fish have come from there. All healthy fish

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I guess it all depends on your relationship with your LFS bc they never haggle and I've offered them money on beat up fish...his words exactly-"I'll just feed it to Carib piraña in back" as for health of stock only bought one fish ever (green terror)
It is no longer with me, I traded it to a member here...they seem to loose a lot of stock they but from there..... Again not my experience but someone else's.
my LFS is awesome they know me buy name and can usually get stuff I want.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

That is the worst and most dirty store ive ever been in..

It's a dirty store, but far from being the worst. If you are into CA/SA and monster fish, you'll love the collection there as you can't find elsewhere. Where else can you find 24+" Dovii and a tank full of Festae . If you are into small African cichlids, it's not a place for you as the choices are limited. I don't recall seeing any small Tanganyikans sold there. That said, it carries a few monster size African cichlids like Foscos and 5 star General that I don't see elsewhere.

Well Richard to me is a *** and I'm not afraid to say it. He judge me on my looks when he first seen me and sometimes still do because of my tattoos on my face and arms/hands. Robin is cool.... she will still me a $50 flowerhorn for $25. I even brought a 3" Farrar they was selling for $20 and Robin only charge me $5.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I've only been to the store once, and while I was impressed with the selection of fish, most of the ones I was interested in were unhealthy. It was the only place that I ever saw atromaculatus available in an LFS, but unfortunately they were all showing symptoms of lymph.

Typo because I just went over my reply and close to the end is off...lol
she will sell me a $50 flowerhorn for $25. I even brought a 3" Festae they was selling for $20 and Robin only charge me $5.