• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Thank You CCA

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who busted their butt this weekend making The Big Fish Deal a memorable event. I have lost count of the number of folks who came up to me over the weekend saying that they are already looking forward to next year. I hope that I don't forget anyone on this list. If I do, I apologize ahead of time and will blame it on the hang over from the weekend.

Thanks to Sammi for organizing the kids activities.

Thanks to Frank for organizing the Aquarium Beautiful competition.

Thanks to Will, Becca, and everyone else who helped with securing sponsors. We had some really nice stuff.

Thanks to Rachel and Tony for getting some great speakers to the event and making sure that they were taken care of during the weekend.

Thanks to Will, Matt, and Tony for making sure the hospitality suite was well stocked.

Thanks to O'Shea for running a smooth auction and coordinating picking up fish from so many vendors. Thanks to Shawn, Mahesh, Andrew, and Anthony for getting all those fish bagged up and ready for sale.

Thanks to Andrew for making sure the registration table was smooth. Well done. Thanks to all who took turns manning registration. I don't think anyone was overburdened with manning the table.

Thanks to Jim for taking care of the finances. Great job, as always.

Thanks to all who pitched in helping where needed. We really had a good turn out this year of volunteers to help shoulder the load.

And finally, I'd like to thank Christine for shouldering the bulk of the behind the scenes load. Being the Convention Chair isn't an easy thing. You had a thousand things going on all the time and things came together quite well. I personally appreciate your hard work, the many late nights you spent trying to pull stuff together, and the hair you must have pulled out when things weren't going so well. Great job.

Again - If I missed anyone, it wasn't on purpose. I really am grateful for all who pitched in. We put together one heck of a weekend.

Jon

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone who busted their butt this weekend making The Big Fish Deal a memorable event. I have lost count of the number of folks who came up to me over the weekend saying that they are already looking forward to next year. I hope that I don't forget anyone on this list. If I do, I apologize ahead of time and will blame it on the hang over from the weekend.

Thanks to Sammi for organizing the kids activities.

Thanks to Frank for organizing the Aquarium Beautiful competition.

Thanks to Will, Becca, and everyone else who helped with securing sponsors. We had some really nice stuff.

Thanks to Rachel and Tony for getting some great speakers to the event and making sure that they were taken care of during the weekend.

Thanks to Will, Matt, and Tony for making sure the hospitality suite was well stocked.

Thanks to O'Shea for running a smooth auction and coordinating picking up fish from so many vendors. Thanks to Shawn, Mahesh, Andrew, and Anthony for getting all those fish bagged up and ready for sale.

Thanks to Andrew for making sure the registration table was smooth. Well done. Thanks to all who took turns manning registration. I don't think anyone was overburdened with manning the table.

Thanks to Jim for taking care of the finances. Great job, as always.

Thanks to all who pitched in helping where needed. We really had a good turn out this year of volunteers to help shoulder the load.

And finally, I'd like to thank Christine for shouldering the bulk of the behind the scenes load. Being the Convention Chair isn't an easy thing. You had a thousand things going on all the time and things came together quite well. I personally appreciate your hard work, the many late nights you spent trying to pull stuff together, and the hair you must have pulled out when things weren't going so well. Great job.

Again - If I missed anyone, it wasn't on purpose. I really am grateful for all who pitched in. We put together one heck of a weekend.

Jon

Nicely stated.
I too would like to thank everyone and especially Christine.
Running an event like this is extremely difficult and stressfull
Throw in running the Club, hosting the holiday party, buying a house and moving, and building a fish room, all in the last 4 or 5 months? Holy Cow! How do you do it?

Thank you all. I had a great time.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Really well done, folks. Over the course of the weekend, I received several comments from our speakers, sponsors and attendees, stating that the event was well designed, organized and executed... that everyone was friendly and enthusiastic and that the energy was off the charts.

Thanks to everyone for throwing in their time to make this happen.

Cheers.

spazmattik

Members
Nicely stated.
I too would like to thank everyone and especially Christine.
Running an event like this is extremely difficult and stressfull
Throw in running the Club, hosting the holiday party, buying a house and moving, and building a fish room, all in the last 4 or 5 months? Holy Cow! How do you do it?

Thank you all. I had a great time.

+1! Thank you so much Christine and everyone else.

Christine you will without a doubt have everyone chanting "4 more years!" :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Jon - you couldn't have said it better!

Organizing and running an event of this scale and with this many donations, vendors, sponsors and other moving parts is a considerable endeavor and it went off without a hitch thanks to Christine and the other folks who Jon identified.

Everyone who worked so hard to pull this off is a volunteer, so all of the proceeds, minus a nice donation to BABES / cichlid conservation, goes toward making the CCA better. They're donating their time and energy for the club and the hobby. Their return is in smiles and appreciation from their fellow hobbyists. And future support for the CCA.

Well done!

Matt

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'd like to say a personal thanks to everyone who helped with the logistics for the rare fish auction, things went amazingly smooth and without a hitch. There were several times during the day saturday I could actually relax because everything was in order and under control, it seemed like something was wrong, but there wasn't.

There was a lot of behind the scenes work to get the auction set up and coordinated, then it was all over in about an hour.

Jon covered some of the people above, I just want to reiterate my appreciation to the people who helped make everything run smooth.

Thanks Will, Andrew, Jon, and Tony for help securing some of the donations from our event sponsors.

Thanks Rich for picking up the Cichlids of the Americas group buy and donations.

Thanks Jon, Tony and anyone else who helped set up the rack for the auction fish.

Thanks to all who helped me unload the fish and get them in tanks (sorry there were a few people and I don't want to forget anyone).

Thanks to everyone (Mahesh, Shawn, Andrew, Anthony) who helped bag and label everything in preparation for the auction, starting almost 3 hours before the start of the auction.

Thanks to Jon for keeping the auction flowing and directing the runners as needed.

Thanks to all the Runners who helped with the fish, I know there were probably 8 people or so, it was much appreciated.

Thanks to Ted Judy and Kevin Carr for auctioning and getting maximum prices for the lots.

Thanks to Jason for running the projector during the auction.

Thanks to Jim, Donna, Bruce, and the rest of the staff who processed bidder cards and payments for the auction lots.

Thanks to everyone who bought fish in the auction and helped raise money for the club, as well as the Guy Jordan Fund.

Thanks to all of the generous vendors and club members who donated; the selection was amazing and diverse.

Thanks to everyone (Tony, Pat, Jon, Andrew, Matt) who helped break down the auction rack and empty tanks.

Thanks to Christine for laying the groundwork that gave us the ability to put on an awesome event.

If I missed anyone, I sincerely apologize, I'm still coming out of sleep deprivation mode and my mind is still a little foggy at times.

As you can see, it takes a lot of help from club members to put on a great auction, so remember that next year when you're looking forward to the auction and we're asking for volunteers. This couldn't have happened without the help from everyone above, and the process starts about 3 months early.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I knew I'd forget someone.

Jason did an incredible job with the AV set up. Everything worked great. Sorry for omitting you from my original post.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thank you, Jon.

As you've been proven over the least few events, you are our rock.

Cheers brother.

Sonny Disposition

Yes, muchismas gracias, CCA. I had a great time. I met some nice new people, and caught up with some old friends. The talks were all great! Thanks very much, to all who worked so hard to make it possible.

rich_one

Members
Thanks to everyone mentioned above (and those not mentioned, but are surely just as appreciated). It was a lot of fun, and wow... even my wife registered! Y'all may never quite know how incredible that was alone! On her birthday, no less!!!

It was a great event, and looking forward to next year already!

-Rich

As someone who has had to put on events in the past, I personally know how much work and stress is involved. You all did a super job!

chriscoli

Administrator
THANK YOU CCA! (And, thanks to all of you who got this thread started!) To be honest, I went to bed at 8 pm last night and didn't really get up until mid-morning today.

So much work goes into these events, and this was our most successful AquaMania so far! I had a lot of help along the way, and even more this past weekend. We've got a lot of great people in this club. Thanks so much for attending, and thanks for helping!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I am glad to hear you got some rest.
The amount of mental, physical, and emotional stress that one of these can cause is rough.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
The Aquarium Beautiful Contest went well with
set up help from George Cowan and Manuel Moro
and of course
from all the people who brought tanks and set them up whether or not they won something
and to Manuel Moro, George Cowan, and Bob Bock who counted the almost 4 thousand votes,
and to the expert judges Francine Betha, Ted Judy, and Sandy Moore.
And to Jon Clark and Christine Keys for announcing and handing out awards.

All the aquariums were winners and really added to the atmosphere and gave a focal point for discussion.

I'll announce the winners again on a separate thread.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I want to thank the following people for helping to ensure that registration went smoothly:

Christine (it would crash and burn without you)
Bruce
Greg
Blaise
Reed
Tony
Viktor
Herman
Roger
Becca
Holly
Matt Chambers
Jon

I apologize if I miss someone. There were many people who played a key role, both prior to and during the BFD.

chriscoli

Administrator
the Aulonacara for the logo this year was donated by Sam 'Scalz' but the entire thing was put together by Will's brother Jack. Thank you Jack for all of the time you spent working on it!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Thanks for letting me be there. Great job done by the whole club. You guys rock!

JasonC

Members
I knew I'd forget someone.

Jason did an incredible job with the AV set up. Everything worked great. Sorry for omitting you from my original post.

haha... If the AV guy is noticed, it means he's doing something wrong. :p

But seriously, if we are handing out thanks, I gotta send a shout out to PhilS who spent his first fish-con behind a tech table throwing me a big assist.

Good job this weekend you all... you did a great job!

Becca

Members
I think you mean "Becca's friend Amanda" who stopped me from handing people their money back at least 3 times...:p

I want to thank the following people for helping to ensure that registration went smoothly:

Christine (it would crash and burn without you)
Bruce
Greg
Blaise
Reed
Tony
Viktor
Herman
Roger
Becca
Holly
Matt Chambers
Jon

I apologize if I miss someone. There were many people who played a key role, both prior to and during the BFD.