• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Batfish Aquatics Anniversary Party

JLW

CCA Members
http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=68dc2c86b195f7acc01bcce04&id=e7ce260d53&e=

Please click the above link to see this message parsed correctly! :)

Happy Birthday, Batfish Aquatics!
What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been
The other day, I was browsing through old photographs on the Batfish Aquatics Facebook Page, and realised that later this December, it will have been two years since I started Batfish Aquatics. Our official grand opening was 20 January 2013, but we officially broke ground on the first location in late November of 2012.

Our initial location was a shared space in Gaithersburg, overlooking a care repair shop. I still remember the nightmare of navigating the staircases to get tanks in and out! Unfortunately, as winter set in, we discovered the location was unsustainable for an aquarium business, as the location had constant problems with the heating system. We very quickly moved from that space into the commercial facility near the CCA meeting.

Unfortunately, a large rent increase at the end of the first year forced Batfish Aquatics out of this location. Moving a business, especially one including several hundred fish tanks and living fish, is no small chore, and it is a heavily weighed decision. Having to move twice in the span of a year would have defeated many businesses, and I am thankful to still be standing!
I was extremely fortunate to find our current location, in Burtonsville, which is a mixed use residential and commercial building. On a personal plus, I was able to get out of a tiny apartment, and it keeps the commuting time down a tad bit! More fortunate, for which I'm extremely thankful, when it came time to move the business, including all the tanks, stands, racks, equipment, fish, etc., over thirty volunteers, mostly from the local aquarium clubs (especially the Capital Cichlid Assocation and Potomac Valley Aquarium Society) showed up to lend a hand.
So, here we are, two years after breaking ground, still growing and going strong, and bringing you guys the best rare, unusual, and quality aquarium fishes. The road has had some unexpected twists, turns, and bumps (or stumps?), but I think it's a good time and a good cause to celebrate a little bit.

Please join us at our
2nd Anniversary-ish Party
Sunday, 23 November, 2014.

This is a the weekend immediately before Thanksgiving, so it is a great time to put some last minute touches onto the aquarium before its on display. It is also a great time to get some early holiday shopping done, with December just around the corner!
We have a great PRE ORDER LIST AVAILABLE, and will likely add several more lists later this week. Please look for a link at the top of the pre order list. (Click above to get to it, or visit http://www.batfishaquatics.com/preorder.php). This pre-order list has a new section on the bottom for plants. Be sure to get in a plant order before the holidays and spruce your tank up with some new ones.
Additionally, we will be bringing in at least a hundred pounds of manzanite wood!

This is the super twisty, turny wood that makes a great aquascaping addition.

And, if that's not enough? We will be offering a great deal on GIFT CERTIFICATES, which make a great holiday gift for fish people (you can put these in a wrapped box without having to run a tell-tale airline into it). For every $50 in Gift Certificates you purchase, receive a $10 Gift Certificate for you! (Fine print: $50 and $10 gift certificate must be made out to separate people, valid 1 December 2014 onward, may not be applied to shipping).

And, as it's a birthday celebration, we will be giving out free gifts to each attendee, as well as a $100 Gift Certificate to Batfish Aquatics!

Oh, and we will have cake, drinks, food, and more!

The open house will be from 12 Noon until 3PM (football starts at 430).

Please e-mail me at BatfishAquatics@gmail.com to RSVP!

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
How much are the cynops Orientals?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Happy to support Batfish aquatic today. Good to see everyone.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
The cake was good. The chinchillas were awesome!

I swore I wouldn't come home with more fish....but I did. :)

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I completely forgot about the chinchillas. Anyway, always enjoy the chance to stop by. Thanks, Josh.

Blaise