• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The April meeting discussion thread.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, this thread is for general questions and answers about the April meeting.
I have had several new people ask about some things so to make it a little easier I figured I would start a thread.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
One of the questions I get a lot is
What goes on at meetings?

Most meetings are the same basic schedule.
We start at 2pm (yeah)
Usually a lot of people show around 1:30 for the social part of the event.
The first thing is announcements. Usually about 5 minutes of announcments and then we get right
into the speaker.
Most speakers last about 1hour - 1:15. we then break for about 15 or 20 minutes.
During the break everyone is looking at the fish in the auction and buying last minute raffle tickets.
We then pull the raffle
followed by the auction.
The auction is a Cash on demand auction where you pay when the item is brought to you.
You never know what will be in the auction. Depends on what people bring.
The last thing is clean up.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I know everybody wants fish.
Like I mentioned I have been working on it but......
I am not going to push the issue too much.
The man is losing a days work (friday)
Leaving town for 3 days to come to us and asking for nothing in return but his airfare and food. Speakers usually lose work and time but ask for nothing in return. They do it for the fun and the hobby.
I am working on it...... If we push too much he could cancel.

fischfan13

Banned
Pat, are you going to be an auctioneer?
If so, can there please be subtitles as you speak...I cannot understand your accent.:D

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I know everybody wants fish.
Like I mentioned I have been working on it but......
I am not going to push the issue too much.
The man is losing a days work (friday)
Leaving town for 3 days to come to us and asking for nothing in return but his airfare and food. Speakers usually lose work and time but ask for nothing in return. They do it for the fun and the hobby.
I am working on it...... If we push too much he could cancel.

We can always make a group order after the meeting. Cost-wise, it will be no different from Leif bringing them up as "additional baggage."

This way, it's one less thing that Leif and Pat have to worry about.

I want some stuff as well, so I'll spearhead a trans-shipping group order after the meeting. I'll start up a thread next month.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
We can always make a group order after the meeting. Cost-wise, it will be no different from Leif bringing them up as "additional baggage."

I want some stuff as well, so I'll spearhead a trans-shipping group order after the meeting. I'll start up a thread next month.
i think he might be glad to make extra $$$ especially since hes losing a day of wrk. just my 2cents. ;)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member

Tony, I will still try something but if it does not come through, I will talk to him while he is here about your idea. You can run it, but figured he will be with me for about 48 hours so we can talk about it some. Then you can go for it. lol

Tony

Tony, I will still try something but if it does not come through, I will talk to him while he is here about your idea. You can run it, but figured he will be with me for about 48 hours so we can talk about it some. Then you can go for it. lol

That works too. :)

Just offering to help out. We've done a lot of group orders here lately and I figure it's probably my turn to go wait at the airport. :p

Tony

So back on topic... any idea what Leif has planned for his presentation? More fishfarm- related or diving/species related?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Humm.

I put it on the calendar but not up on here....hmm :( getting too old for this. lol

Laif Demason : African Cichlid Fish Farming in South Florida
We have had a lot of diving type talks and "this is an African Cichlid" type talks the last few years but figured we would start with something a little different.
The nice thing about having someone like him come in is that he has several talks and we can use him again in a year or two for another talk. lol ( If he likes us):angel2:
Like we have done with AD, Ted Judy, Ken Davis and a few others. Lol There are only so many speakers out there for Cichlids

JustRon

Members
Laif is a great guy that has provided a big help to the conservation efforts for Madagascar and Victoria, as well as working with the zoos and aquaria. I am sure his talk will be a good one.

As for bringing fish, he is a commercial business and not a hobbyist.

He is coming to talk about his fish and efforts, I hope he feels good about his experience and not troubled by bringing fish along with him. There will be another time to get fish.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
i think he might be glad to make extra $$$ especially since hes losing a day of wrk. just my 2cents. ;)

Laif doesn't work. I have heard him talk before. He has hired other people to do the work for him. He worked MORE than hard enough starting this business.

I am afraid I am probably going to miss this meeting. Two in a row for me. Hasn't happened in awhile and I had BIG reasons for wanting to be there.

WHEN WAS AN UNCLERUCKUS POST WORTH MORE THAN 1CENT ANYWAY? Miss you pardner. MY CAPS LOCK HERO.

George